GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Would apply to 4.8/5.3/6L trucks also.

Nothing wrong with 480hp @ wheels. Be around 600hp @ the crank.

I'm surprised they used Short headers though.

·
GMFS Military Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
DFW super charger. $5300 though. yikes

·
Widdlefawk
599 Posts
Not sure how far I can read that article. 03 lm7 is 295hp factory. LM7's also do not have flat top pistons, they have a -8cc dish. 4.8 has flat tops.

How much more is wrong after the first paragraph? That's just what I caught off the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
good Article , but can do alot more with the $$$ they put into it power wise.

·
GMFS Military Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found the article looking for info on the 1.8 Rockers.

~$350 for 20hp and 10 tq doesn't seem too back.

Supercharger is definitely out of my price range.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Does it require more tuning after adding 1.8 rockers, I assume it would. I was thinking this would be my next mod too.

And it wouldn't limit my selection on cam would it??

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
get a cam speced right instead of adding 1.8 rockers IMO

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yea I just read up on an old thread where you help a guy do a write up on how to install a cam. It doesn't look that bad after reading that thread.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
a cam swap isn't really hard at all. if you have any questions feel free to ask. I have done numerous cam swaps.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Check out ls1howtoo.com it has a step by step for a bunch of stuff including torque specs. Depending on the cam id say 25-50 rwhp. But to get the most out of one you gotta have supporting mods. also with a large cam a converter is a must.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'll go take a look. Not finding any information on torque spec and stuff like that was what was holing me back. I not scared on turning a wrench I just don't want to mess something up thats going to cost me an engine.

I'm problably going to do it next winter when I'm not pulling my wake boat. This summer the boat gets some up grades so that's my budget for now.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
If your going to town i wouldnt get a huge cam. and wouldnt go over a 3000 stall. also a tranny cooler is a must.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yea the main reason I have the truck is to pull my boat. I got rid of my built LMM (every thing but injectors and turbo upgraded) because that diesel stuff gets way to expensive fast. I'm just trying to get the 6.2 to hang with what my duramax on 35" would do speed wise. I think with LT headers and a tune I have right now I'm not to far away and I only got 750 in it. That's the price of a stupid lift pump on my old duramax.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Yea the diesels are nice. Power wise its gunna take some work . But with a cam spec'd for what you want, u can direct more of the power we us need it for sure.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts