GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to build the engine in my 98 k1500. Thinking about boring .030 over, aftermarket aluminum heads, a bigger cam, hotter ignition, tune etc. Just curious if anyone has done something like this in the past? How much can a person get away with on the stock fuel system because I would rather not go to a carburetor. Any info would be extremely helpful!

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,691 Posts
Have you considered a ls based motor swap? you would have more bang for your buck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just going off of what I have. I wanted to keep the engine and build it because it's lifted 6inches with 3 inches of body lift on 40s. its been regeared so it's not a total dog but it needs powuh!!!

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,691 Posts
You will spend more to get the same power and less reliability.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well idealistically I would like to build a 427 small block but that's gonna be a while :/ what would be a good LS series to swap? I want this thing to be nasty lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looking to build the engine in my 98 k1500. Thinking about boring .030 over, aftermarket aluminum heads, a bigger cam, hotter ignition, tune etc. Just curious if anyone has done something like this in the past? How much can a person get away with on the stock fuel system because I would rather not go to a carburetor. Any info would be extremely helpful!

fuel and intake system can handle up to 400 hp and then your gonna need to swap out your spider injection system for something else. this can get real expensive if you decide to go over 400hp. LS swap might be the way to go if your looking for more then that.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Find an 8.1L motor of an HD or something similar being wrecked or parted out. heads, exhaust, tune. Would put good torque #'s down to push 40's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts