GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that the valves will be a slight restriction, but will it be a big enough difference to invest in some 5/8ths vavles or just leave the 1/2inch in?
i would like to be able to get the front of a full size off the ground, or come damn close, do you think this will do it?

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
200psi helium? :crazy: :crazy: :insane: :insane:

Helium is NUTS. I ran 100psi of helium on my truck once, and it lifted faster and higher than 150 of compressed air ever did. And it dumped faster too. And the sound was nuts. You gotta be careful about over-extending your bags with that shit.

5/8" I.D. line with 1/2" valves will actually be optimum, go for it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right now im upgrading from 1/2 inch @ 200 psi.. lol

ill post pics when i get the truck back at the end of the week, going off a bottle would be sick, but i dont wanna mess with that right now, ill add that in later on once i get the truck set up completly

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Downfall said:
high pressure is what you want

1/2" 200 psi w/nitrogen or heluim should get you up plenty fast

:word: When I first bought my truck, it had Nitrogen. As LowBlue02 said, 200psi is more than enough. :crazy:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how much is a nitogen tank? i was thinking of making a dual system, like having normal compressed air from my compressors on one side, but i can switch over some toggle underneath the truck, and then be able to run off a nitrogen tank... has this been done before?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Dillinja666 said:
how much is a nitogen tank? i was thinking of making a dual system, like having normal compressed air from my compressors on one side, but i can switch over some toggle underneath the truck, and then be able to run off a nitrogen tank... has this been done before?

I don't know how much a bottle of Nitrogen cost because after I used all mine up, I removed the system. I also had compressed air too. The Nitrogen bottle was plumbed in w/ everything else. Turn the pressure regulator on and have fun. :D

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so ur nitrogen just went into your normal air tanks from a remote location, ( like in the truck bed) and then from there to the bags? kewl i wasnt sure u could do that

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yep. The Nitrogen tank was located in the bed and the 7-gallon air tank below. I'm not sure if the correct way to plumb the system is to bypass your air tank(s) or not though...??? :think:

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
You need to run the nitrogen/whatever bottle into your tanks, otherwise your system is restricted by the orifice size of the regulator, which in most cases is 1/4". :bowtie:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how do u attact the nitrogen tank to the normal air tanks, just run a seperate line, and have some sort of diverter valve somewhere in line or what not?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Dillinja666 said:
how do u attact the nitrogen tank to the normal air tanks, just run a seperate line, and have some sort of diverter valve somewhere in line or what not?
The Nitrogrn tank would have its own shut off, when you don't want to run it, just turn off the valve.

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Yes. You just run a line from the tank into your bed, with a ball valve on the end. Then you screw the ball valve into the regulator.

The ball valve looks something like this, though not exactly:

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
Just be careful running NO2 though. When I was at Heatwave I saw some guy driving in, had his bottle too strong and he started hitting switches and busted his front drivers side bag and shock. He came dragging to a stop. Scary stuff.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts