GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Rehab is for quitters
2,622 Posts
from what i have been told, they are there to help stabalize the truck for offroading. i ordered them with mine. but for me i just ordered them because i think it looks more beefy.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
definitely get them. They hold all the bracketry and front subframe in the truck and keep it from moving front to back with any big potholes or bumps you may hit on the road or with rocks or anything else offroad. No reason to skimp out

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
The Cepek kits are offered without them (ie. the Stage I kit). Geoff (Cracker) has the Stage I kit and it has stood up to the beatings he has put it through. I dont think they are completely necessary. If you want them, then get them.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
They are like $80 extra... Worth it in my opinion. Hell half the time I forget to charge the customer for them!
Sweet! I will be needing some shocks and steering linkages. If I go through you, will you forget to charge me for those??????:)

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
I don't have any on my superlift kit.. the fuckers sent me the wrong ones and still never sent me the right ones. So no, they aren't necessary, its just additional support

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
i don't think the FTS 6.5" kits come with them. There's holes in the subframe to add them though.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
They are like $80 extra... Worth it in my opinion. Hell half the time I forget to charge the customer for them!

The RC 5" kit sounds like a good deal. I saw on RC's site that in order to run the 5" NNBS kit, RC says 18" or larger wheels are required. Do you know the reason for that? I've seen other brands of similar size lift kits that allow 17" wheels on the NNBS. I was hoping to run a set of Pro Comp 17" wheels with 305/65/R17 rubber.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
The RC 5" kit sounds like a good deal. I saw on RC's site that in order to run the 5" NNBS kit, RC says 18" or larger wheels are required. Do you know the reason for that? I've seen other brands of similar size lift kits that allow 17" wheels on the NNBS. I was hoping to run a set of Pro Comp 17" wheels with 305/65/R17 rubber.
Tires will rub the new knuckles.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Why a lift kit for just 33's. Thats dumb.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts