GMC Truck Forum banner

500 horses with a 5.3

3188 Views 35 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  *WILDSTYLE 5.3*
I dont know much about what these engines can do but i serously doubt this truck is pumping out 500 horses. If it really is then i'm just stupid

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13487&item=2483272525&rd=1
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Jason RIP
9,790 Posts
Even the guy with the truck with the 6.0 and the Turbo (parish something) isn't claiming to have 500 HP, more like 420 something and he's running nitrous too.

No way with just a wipple and those few extras that truck has 500 HP.

· Registered
1,117 Posts
they had a truckin magazine article where they bolted a magnecharger and shorty headers to a stock 5.3 and got about 400 horse out of it. im sure with long tubes and the tune and the other bolt ons he could easily get it, esp. with the upgraded fuel system he mentioned. The only think i might wonder is weather or not the whipple is as powerful as the magnacharger, they are the same design just about.

· GMFS founding member
23,691 Posts
DemoN said:
hmmmm i don't know...unless he's not listing some things that he's done, i don't see 500+ with a whipple, coldair, headers and a programmer. says it's a "beefed up 5.3L Vortec" with over $35,000 invested" and since that's not golfboy selling it, this guy has probably no idea whats been done to the motor it's self.
$35k in the motor? you can buy a 502 crate motor from summit and make it run for under $10k. i call :bs:

emailed seller asking for dyno sheet or other proof of his claim. 505-625 sounds like numbers someone made up.

· To hell with BHO!!
3,972 Posts
Hehe. Im gonna help raise the BS flag. Lets see a dyno sheet buddy! No 505rwhp is coming out of a 5.3 with a Whipple, some funky headers and a Diablow. I think the Whipple kit comes with 8.1 Marine injectors. At least the Radix does. That is truly an "eBay" truck!! :LOL: Id put my money on an I/C Radix with the upgraded heat exchanger if I had it.

· Line-X of San Antonio
7,228 Posts
golfboy was a member here a while back. he came on here to fuck with me, then sold his truck and fell off the earth. he was a really cool guy though. i SERIOUSLY doubt 500HP though.

· Later, Tony
16,486 Posts
Josh said:
golfboy was a member here a while back. he came on here to fuck with me, then sold his truck and fell off the earth. he was a really cool guy though. i SERIOUSLY doubt 500HP though.
I'm sure he still hates you :crazy:
I emailed Kyle a link to the auction, and he said he called the owner, and that the owner has no clue about the truck. The dealership told him that it was a FACTORY SS :insane:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.