1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Looks like a member of FSC's truck that he sold awhile ago. I don't know if he ever posted over here, maybe before the server crash awhile ago. Golfboy somethin' was his username.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did it really get out 500

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
yeah thats golfboys truck, im pretty sure. 500 isnt too hard a number to get, but with what he has done, i dont think so, but id have to see the dyno sheets i guess.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Even the guy with the truck with the 6.0 and the Turbo (parish something) isn't claiming to have 500 HP, more like 420 something and he's running nitrous too.

No way with just a wipple and those few extras that truck has 500 HP.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Yeah that is Kyles old truck, looks like whoever bought it took it is selling it now. It's a sweet truck but not near 500 hp that they claim.
I wish Kyle would have kept it, but he said it was time for a new truck

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
theres no way that truck has almost 2x the amount of hp that it started with, might be pushin a lil over 400, but not much more than that...

·
Registered
736 Posts
they had a truckin magazine article where they bolted a magnecharger and shorty headers to a stock 5.3 and got about 400 horse out of it. im sure with long tubes and the tune and the other bolt ons he could easily get it, esp. with the upgraded fuel system he mentioned. The only think i might wonder is weather or not the whipple is as powerful as the magnacharger, they are the same design just about.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Well whipple isn't intercooled like the magna unless that one wasn't either...Whipples are suppsed to be the best with an intercooler

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
DemoN said:
hmmmm i don't know...unless he's not listing some things that he's done, i don't see 500+ with a whipple, coldair, headers and a programmer. says it's a "beefed up 5.3L Vortec" with over $35,000 invested" and since that's not golfboy selling it, this guy has probably no idea whats been done to the motor it's self.
$35k in the motor? you can buy a 502 crate motor from summit and make it run for under $10k. i call :bs:

emailed seller asking for dyno sheet or other proof of his claim. 505-625 sounds like numbers someone made up.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Hehe. Im gonna help raise the BS flag. Lets see a dyno sheet buddy! No 505rwhp is coming out of a 5.3 with a Whipple, some funky headers and a Diablow. I think the Whipple kit comes with 8.1 Marine injectors. At least the Radix does. That is truly an "eBay" truck!! :LOL: Id put my money on an I/C Radix with the upgraded heat exchanger if I had it.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
golfboy was a member here a while back. he came on here to fuck with me, then sold his truck and fell off the earth. he was a really cool guy though. i SERIOUSLY doubt 500HP though.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Josh said:
golfboy was a member here a while back. he came on here to fuck with me, then sold his truck and fell off the earth. he was a really cool guy though. i SERIOUSLY doubt 500HP though.
I'm sure he still hates you :crazy:
I emailed Kyle a link to the auction, and he said he called the owner, and that the owner has no clue about the truck. The dealership told him that it was a FACTORY SS :insane:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Factory SS in 2001? please....FAKE truck, also if it was a SS wheres the SS stock 20's? please. Thats like the dealership saying OH YEAH THIS TRUCK IS TOTALY MADE OUT OF GOLD!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts