GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stepdad has a 99 Toyota Tacoma ext. cab and he wants to put some subs in it. (Preferably 10's) What kind of sub/amp setup would you suggest? (This 500 has to pay for everything sub/amp/box/wire)

·
layin big rubber
1,456 Posts
who's gonna install this and where are u/him gonna get the box?

if u install the stereo ur self and make the box ur self then that will help put a good system for the $$ in the truck

i say a jbl amp like a bp600.1 and a single alpine type r, can be had on ebay for pretty cheap, and that will give u some $$ for the cables/wiring and box

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
We did something like that in my friends Dakota. We used a pioneer 1000x1 amp ($170), 2 10" Kicker CVRs ($60-$70 on ebay), and built a MDF/Fiberglass box (about $125 for everything), It sounds pretty damn good IMO, and is more than enough in that dakota. You can get a 1000 watt wiring kit for about $25 so that will set you at right about $500. You may want to try something like that if you think you can put a box under the backseat (might want to check to see if you can raise the backseats). Hes spent about $800 on his whole stereo, new door speakers, pioneer reciever, amp and subs, everything, and it sounds pretty damn good...

·
Registered
633 Posts
go the route i just did go on ebay and buy 2 inch inch Kicker L5's from indo audio make sure there 4 ohms. and get a Bx750 D Zeus Hifonics amp, go to homedepot and get 3/4 inch MDF for like 25 bucks for 8 or so pieces and some screws i paid like 400 for what i got :rocking:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that Pioneer 1000X1 any good? Thats sounds kinda cheap for a thousand watt amp. :think:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Its been very good to him so far. Hes had it in there maybe 2 months, but has had no problems with it. When i saw the price i was surprised, but so far its been very nice. I figured also since he had a pioneer CD player, the Pioneer amp would fit in good...lol...The only bad thing is that it isn't one ohm capable...2 is as low as you can go, but still, if you get the right speakers, it will make them pound pretty nicely. If you are goin for a loud system, it would be a good amp, if you want a lil more clarity, the JBL stuff...either way, you can't go wrong. If you get quality stuff you and your stepdad will be happy

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any other good subs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts