GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
professional grade
Joined
·
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a 2000 2500 ex cab long bed 4wd. i havent been to any shops and some of the websites ive been to say ex cab short bed or reg cab long bed, others just say 2500 so im confused. Im looking to spend between 5000-6000$ on lift kit (this includes suspension and maybe a body lift), rims and tires. i want bigger then 6" but less then 12"; i really know nothing about lifting trucks, i just know i see this huge ass ford (i know its a ford but its huge) and it makes me want to be just as big. they said its an 11" lift with 44s, i dont know if i want THAT big but something like that. can anyone help?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,997 Posts
The best lift IMO for you would be the 9.5" full throttle and a set of 38's... It will be big, but 11" on a ford allows for alot more tire then on a chevy HD... and for 6K and you do the install I would say its doable for sure...




12" and 38's

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
832 Posts
i say either the fullthrottle or 6 inch suspension + 3 inch body and 38x15.50s. Same set up basically just a lil cheaper due to body lift. Check out nich1nich1 he has an ex cab long bed 2500 non hd with that set up.
 

·
Proud Chevy Owner
Joined
·
859 Posts
I have a 6" RCD with 3"bl and CST tbar keys to get another 2" out of it. So with 11" total lift i have 38" PJ's and had to do minor trimming because i would rub while turning offroad or going up a hill.
000_0623.gif

I think the 6" RCD is about $1700 and comes with Bilstein shocks which arent bad. The 3" body lift will run you around $200-300. And the TB keys arent that much i dont remember the price right now. That leaves you with a good amount of $$$ to get some nice rims and tires and maybe some extra mods if you wanted. But like Aber said getting a 9.5 " suspension lift would be a lot better than cranking the keys and getting a big b/l. Im not sure how much the full throttle lift is I would guess around $2500-2700.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
I have a barely used 6"-8" Superlift and 37x12.50-17 (8 lug) tires and wheels (barely used also) for sale at $1800. These were on my 2000 K2500. These were never off-roaded. I had them on my show truck. I just went ALOT bigger now. 25" with 46" tires. Ask the administrators (Dark Eternal, 00Silverado, etc) about me. I have a good rep here. Let me know if your interested.
 

·
Later, Tony
Joined
·
7,265 Posts
jimsbadchevy said:
Ask the administrators (Dark Eternal, 00Silverado, etc) about me. I have a good rep here. Let me know if your interested.

You have terrible rep:read:

Haha, just kidding!!!!!! Jim seems like a pretty good guy, although his paint job may seem a bit wierd, he's got a nice ride :bowtie:
 

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
Joined
·
6,656 Posts
Yeah Jim is a very good guy. I wouldnt hesitate buying from him at all.

As far as that pewter HD on my site its a 10" rear pack and we put 1" blocks under it in that photoshoot (hence marks block instal) It also has the green keys up front for 2" of lift. Its on the 9.5" full throttle. He has 36x14.50s in that pic but can easily fit 38x15.50s. In about a month we are going to be adding a bodylift and putting 40s on it :ninja:
 

·
Proud Chevy Owner
Joined
·
859 Posts
40's damn thats huge. We need to find a good honda forum and see if we can get some ricey civics to test out those huge trucks.
 

·
professional grade
Joined
·
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KoTToN said:
40's damn thats huge. We need to find a good honda forum and see if we can get some ricey civics to test out those huge trucks.
i have a honda...its not ricey but its a honda.
 

·
Bigger than you!
Joined
·
196 Posts
Eisenfaust said:
i say either the fullthrottle or 6 inch suspension + 3 inch body and 38x15.50s. Same set up basically just a lil cheaper due to body lift. Check out nich1nich1 he has an ex cab long bed 2500 non hd with that set up.
I have already test fitted 38/15.50's on 10" rims and they clear fine with 6" +3" and ford keys.
Don't get 37/12.50's though, they are too skinny and will make your truck look like s**t.
 

·
Late Night Insomniac
Joined
·
312 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
The best lift IMO for you would be the 9.5" full throttle and a set of 38's... It will be big, but 11" on a ford allows for alot more tire then on a chevy HD... and for 6K and you do the install I would say its doable for sure...




12" and 38's

:rocking: thats a [email protected]$$ looking truck. I still wish i had my 01 :bawl:

Trey
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top