GMC Truck Forum banner

'52 Chevy 1 ton

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Hick 
#1 ·
Have the oppourtunity to pick on up for around $1,000. cdn. Still runs on original motor and trans, has original box and rear fenders included,they've been off the ground for 25+ yrs. Has a flatdeck on it since the OE box was removed. looks to be in damn good shape, but haven't gone to look at it in person yet.

Was wondering if it'd be worth it for a first time restoration project? Work at a bodyshop, foreman's brother restores mustangs and other classics for a living. Has a HUGE catalog for me if I choose to undertake this and alot of experience.

thanks for your time
Jaimi p

#7 ·
Unfortunately It sold Long long ago, never had time to go and Look at it, but seen several pics and minimal rust extremely rare up here.

If your familiar with the area, it was located 2.5 hours NE Of Lloyd., North of Paradise Hill, across the Saskatchewan river. Guy has a good junk-yard going but some were in pristine condition.

#8 ·
My stepdad and I put almost $15k into a 58 3/4 ton. Ended up selling for $5k recently still unfinished but with basically all the parts to put it together. Guy that bought it already finished it and it looks great.

Moral of story. You will never get your money back :read:

#9 ·
Unfortunately It sold Long long ago, never had time to go and Look at it, but seen several pics and minimal rust extremely rare up here.

If your familiar with the area, it was located 2.5 hours NE Of Lloyd., North of Paradise Hill, across the Saskatchewan river. Guy has a good junk-yard going but some were in pristine condition.
I am familiar with the other side of the border, Alberta. Born and raised in Vermilion/Edmonton.

Keep your eye out, there is a few of those yards scattered around the prairie side. There used to be one right on the north side of highway 16 between Edmonton and Veg i think. Guy had well over an acre of old tractors, cars and trucks packed in so tight your couldn't get in between. Sat all of 6 feet from the highway. I noticed this summer when i was up there they were all gone... I truly hope the old guy didn't pass and some moron family member scrapped every thing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.