GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
xxx traction just posted these on pirate.
if anything, I firmly believe they prove that the 54" boggers shallow tread is not an optical illusion. Sure, people scream that they are not rated much shallower than the 44, however the shoulder depth is incredibly shallow at maybe 1" compared to any bogger 38.5+, which is 2.5-4". I had seen this in person but failed to gather pics. It is clearly shown here.

YJS8HSCgT-CA6rDfE20siD9VILO5lZy0300.jpg

KRPWD6r9nK40AJU7W00dmRrA17erV890300.jpg

St5P7QQvNAa8FNo0kd9uj28SnBDWGpVN030.jpg

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
the width is much more appealing than those 49" balloons...but yeah, they look weak.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
as a way to shed weight...yeah, no ones worried about weight on a fucking 54" tire cept interco.

·
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would imagine a combination of weight, DOT approval, and less required power in the slop from less traction. Probably a good tire for non west coast rock crawling, hard bottom mud, sand, and snow. They will not be as potent as 44" boggers in hardcore mud. Their shear size will probably overpower a 44, but I would imagine they have less traction per inch of slop.

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
i just sold my old 33" boggers with 15K miles, they had more damn lugs top and sides then those do new! screw my plans of wanting those, ill just get Michelins!

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
yea... the big three crappy tires :read:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
damn so your sayin the tread on anyting over 38.5" in the boggers is deeper than those. hmmmm never knew that.

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
38.5 boggers has the deepest tread of ANY tire interco makes

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
thats still a lot of damn rubber

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
dude if they had the big side lugs they would ride like crap on the road and the nobody would want to put them on a slick set of bling blangers to drive to sonic with

1 - 20 of 44 Posts