GMC Truck Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Administrator
3,387 Posts
Yeah, a custom engine cover would really set that engine bay off. Judging from the rest of the work I have faith that you'll get it done in due time. In the meantime, she's really starting to come together nicely!!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
This is what happens when a vehicle transcends transportation and becomes Art. Beautiful work.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
The wifey said the truck was way too loud.lol She will be in it with me and I want her comfortable so I had to compromise. I installed new mufflers. The were cheap but got good reviews. So for the price I tried them. They are Jones Exhaust Max Air Flows.

Heres what the truck sounds like now

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Damn this is turning out slick. What area of the country are you in because the truck started in really good condition so I was curious.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #108 (Edited)
Damn this is turning out slick. What area of the country are you in because the truck started in really good condition so I was curious.
I'm in Southern Cal. But this truck was not in good condition at all. If you looked at the build pics you will see I replaced the roof, floors, cab corners, sliced and diced fenders etc.

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
I'm in Southern Cal. But these truck was not in goo condition at all. If you looked at the build pics you will see I replaced the roof, floors, cab corners, sliced and diced fenders etc.
I'm from the south it was in good condition for here is what I meant lol. I assumed you must have been from out west somewhere bc of the condition.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Coming along nicely. What wheels and offsets are you gonna be using?
Thanks man. The wheels I'm running are Raceline Burst 18x7 front 18x10 rear. Tire size is 245/45/18 front 295/50/18 rear. I forgot the offset I bought them years ago. Now I think I want something different but I will run these for a while buy something different for the truck and put these on my 55 Chevy210. I forgot the offset. Here is a pic of them.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
You do awesome work. I really like that you're going with the fleetside bed instead of the step side.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Thanks man, I like the stepside also but I felt the need to be different. There are a lot of classic trucks in my neighborhood and I wanted to stand out. I would love to have a Cameo, but the fleet will do.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts