GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of maintance should i do, my truck has about 55000 miles on it?
Does anyone have a maintance schedule for what should be looked at or changed once you reach a certain amount of miles.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help me

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
he 50,000 mile service is generally a minor service.

This service generally involves an oil and filter change, tire rotation, and a safety inspection. While changing the oil, the mechanic will be performing visual inspections of the brakes, belts and hoses, inspecting for any fluid leaks, listening for any abnormal noises, and paying attention to any irregularities in the operation of the vehicle.

For the most part, your vehicle is nearing the end of it's warranty, unless you have an extended warranty. This may not apply to some vehicles drive train and emissions warranties. It's a good idea to have the vehicle inspected and any problems addressed before the warranty is expired! Check our Common Problems Page for what you may see in the future with your vehicle. go here

Possible Repairs Needed at the 50,000 Mile Service

It's not uncommon on some vehicles to start seeing the wear and tear items like the Drive Belts and Hoses, Motor Mounts and Suspension Bushings starting to show signs of wear. Oil leaks may start to appear as well. Check out the Common Problems page for your vehicle so you can have some idea as to what the future may hold for you and your vehicle. go here

did you do the 50,000 mile service?

·
00Silverado
2,104 Posts
Coolant flush, tranny flush, check belts and hoses, fuel filter. Possibly cabin air filter mod?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im going to sell this truck. It hasnt been serviced since i owned the truck and when i got it, it had about 40000 miles on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts