GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chevy Kid
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? Looks good or not? I have a 1994 chevy reg cab step side and want a 57 cab to put on my chassis and keep the stepside '94 bed. I found a pic of one, and think it looks ok. Im on a super tight budget so i cant do anything fancy.

·
Chevy Kid
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, im going to buy a 57 truck right now. Its a good deal and i cant pass it up. But i dont have enough cash to get the cab on the truck yet. Im getting around 3500 bucks when i graduate high school and im going to use it to get my truck how i want it. I think by then i will have found a '57 stepside bed to put on it so it will look stock, but be sitting on a 1994 frame.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You're going to have to do hella work on the frame, cab, bed, fenders, etc to get it to flow and fit correctly. I'm willing to bet that the wheelbase and the frame dimensions are far different. Not to mention the body mounting locations. Then there's the driveshaft length to consider when you shorten/lengthen the frame... I would just pick up a later model V-8 and toss it in the 57 instead of taking the body off the frame and putting it on the 94...

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
noooooo. the bed on my 59 is a mid 60s stepside bed. there pretty much the same excepet the mounting points.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts