GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im new to the forum but not blazers. i own a 1992 k1500 blazer legend has it my blazer was owned by a couple who own a big construction company here in town. when carfax was giving slight info on their site still.it said my motor was a 6.0 which comes out to a 376 ci. my truck is DEFfaster than a 350 is there anyway to verify this? Or does anyone else own a blazer with other than a 5.7 from the factory cause my engine hasn't been messed with from what i can tell. any info would be great thanks for reading

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like any other 350 i was thinking the bore is just slightly bigger i couldnt find any pics of what a 6.0 from 92 would look like or major differences. i was hoping there was a place to run the numbers or something of the sort. ive just driven different 350s/stroked motors and tbi 350s it just feels more powerful. i figured the only real way was removing the heads an measuring but i wasnt trying to do that. cause its my daily driver

·
Registered
73 Posts
i know for a fact that if its the original engine its a 5.7L TBI. they didnt even make a 6.0 then.. there should be a white tag on either on the side of the breather on that year model telling you what engine family size thats in it. but i know for a fact that it is a 5.7L TBI engine. but just for grins get me a pic.

·
Registered
73 Posts
the only other engine that was put in burbs was 7.4L which is 454 but that was only c/k 2500s, then in 1995 they came out with the 6.5 duramax and that was also only in 3/4 tons. so from 92 to 94 the only engine that was offered in half ton burbs 2wd or 4wd was 5.7L TBI engine. period they only was for it to have something different it was put in by someone other than factory.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
I just facepalmed so hard, I think I broke my nose

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
the only other engine that was put in burbs was 7.4L which is 454 but that was only c/k 2500s, then in 1995 they came out with the 6.5 duramax and that was also only in 3/4 tons. so from 92 to 94 the only engine that was offered in half ton burbs 2wd or 4wd was 5.7L TBI engine. period they only was for it to have something different it was put in by someone other than factory.
Lol at all this misinformation. He's talking about a blazer not a burb. For reference, you could get a 6.5 in a blazer/ two door hoe. Also, you could get them in 1500 pickups. I really have no idea what you're talking about.

Op it could possibly have a 6.5 but you say 350. You know if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a damn duck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Lol at all this misinformation. He's talking about a blazer not a burb. For reference, you could get a 6.5 in a blazer/ two door hoe. Also, you could get them in 1500 pickups. I really have no idea what you're talking about.

Op it could possibly have a 6.5 but you say 350. You know if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a damn duck.
I went back and looked and seen blazer. May bad

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts

:word:

Easy way to tell if its a 6.5 or not, is it a diesel? That'll solve that question rather easily.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
:word:

Easy way to tell if its a 6.5 or not, is it a diesel? That'll solve that question rather easily.
to expound on this further, does it go "rackrackrackrack" at idle or "blubblubblubblub"?

·
STOCK TRUCK
1,325 Posts
Looking forward to moar great tech here

1 - 20 of 21 Posts