GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
'04 HD
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on getting a dual/dual magnaflow muffler for my '04 HD, but when looking at the pipes, it appears to have dual 3" pipes. Is it really 3" or is it the lame 2.75" that GM uses sometimes. Either way, the only dual/dual mufflers I've seen only go up to 2.5". What would be the best soulution? Should I get 2 3" muffs and go True Dual? Or should I cut it down to 2.5"? Any others suggestions or recamendations would be appreciated.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
12469 should be a 3" DI/DO (5x8x18, built in X-pipe)... I have one to intstall at some point sitting in my attic as I type this :)

I believe it is 2.75' ID, 3" OD :anitoof:

·
'04 HD
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was only looking at the SS muffs, not the alum. It looks like the 18" does not have the x-core. I think you have to go 22" for the x-core. Oh the choices!

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Well I went up there to look at it, that's what I have... 3" DI/DO w/ x-pipe inside. Insides look like =>-<= where they come in, come together, back out. I've had this unit for a long time now, I'd say easily a year so it's possible Magnaflow changed their model lineup.

Why only SS? AS will last a long, long time also...

·
'04 HD
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah....I really don't care about SS. I was just looking in that section of the website. I thought they had the same ones in both. But they offer alot more in AL.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
bgbeards said:
Yeah....I really don't care about SS. I was just looking in that section of the website. I thought they had the same ones in both. But they offer alot more in AL.

Well I promise ya the one I have has an X-pipe internally, I'd call them to see if their website is out of date or has some problem aside from that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts