GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Completed the 90mm conversion dynoed. Only change was TB, j-tube, and tuning. I did not gain boost like most have experienced, actually lost about 1/2 psi. Peak hp gain was exactly 30rwhp and 24rwtq.

Now I need to get to the track and get some numbers. I think this should be good for a .1-.2 in good weather.

sc08dbadac.jpg

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow those are some good numbers! still with the 112 right?
Thanks.

Yea, that is with the 112. It probably would have made a little more power, but the SC/engine were heat soaked after 7 pulls.

Looks like the 122HH will be in the works over the next few months.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
damn man those are great numbers! they arent making a 90mm conversion for the dbw yet right?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
damn good numbers J... My Tq is there with yours but I'm lacking quite a bit of Hp still even after my cam... damn 5.3 :nono: I guess I need to do a motor swap this year sometime....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Can't you just use the LS2 TB?
You can, but from what I've read these guys are having problems with the TB only opening to about 90% even though the PCM is commanding 100. There is a guy who is working on a workaround using some resisters to "fool" the TB into opening all the way.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
You can, but from what I've read these guys are having problems with the TB only opening to about 90% even though the PCM is commanding 100. There is a guy who is working on a workaround using some resisters to "fool" the TB into opening all the way.

Weird.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
:read:

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
that problem has been solved already. check PT.net.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Someone has got it somewhat resolved by using resistors and changing signal voltages, but I dont think it is anywhere near being fixed to where the average person can just use a wiring harness and get the 100% blade movement.

·
Been there, broke that
76 Posts
Nice numbers man!

There is a module that was supposed to correct the opening of the TB. I'll see if I can find a link.
But food for thought, the 90mm TB open @ 90% outflows a 78mm TB open @ 100%.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Nice numbers man!

There is a module that was supposed to correct the opening of the TB. I'll see if I can find a link.
But food for thought, the 90mm TB open @ 90% outflows a 78mm TB open @ 100%.
correct, but its not worth the money for such a small difference. that extra 10% will make it though. if you find that link please post it!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nice numbers Jason. Numbers were right where you wanted them. Now the hunt for 11s begins :evil:

Yes, the attempt for 11's begins. Im going to need to work on my suspension to get some strong launches first. Im thinking caltracs and removing the sway bar next time at the track and go from there. I need to pull 1.75's 60's and I think I will be in the 11's with good weather. I'll have to wait and see I guess.

·
Registered
213 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts