GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dustin (stockgmc) just picked up a LQ9 out of an Escalade. These are really the only visual differences that we can find on the engine itself (besides the dbw, etc.) So the question is what are these lines? They appear to run to the oilpan. His current 4.8 doesnt have them, my 5.3 doesnt and my brothers 03 5.3 doesnt have them either. We're assuming its something exclusive to the 6.0s. Any help is appreciated!:shake:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Oil cooler lines. They should run forward and go into the driver's side of the radiator. Some radiators have the provision for them, some don't. You can take the oil cooler off the pan and put a blockoff plate there instead if you don't need it.

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
Oil cooler lines. They should run forward and go into the driver's side of the radiator. Some radiators have the provision for them, some don't. You can take the oil cooler off the pan and put a blockoff plate there instead if you don't need it.
Yeeep.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Tell him I need them, seriously. They're oil cooler lines. :imo

·
Registered
603 Posts
i had them on the 6.0 i ran. i fucking hated them. you dont need a cooler unless your towing or hauling alot

·
Registered
33 Posts
well, thanks matt I haven't had the chance to to get on. so they dont have to be on there, will it hurt to remove them? . also the motor came out of an escalade so will the flywheel need to be swapped with the 4.8, or do escalades have 60e/65e. thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Eskys have the 60/65

·
Registered
603 Posts
LQ9 have the regular flexplates that are same as 4.8,5.3 and 5.7

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
yea there was a weird thing bout that, but the 6.0 flexplate ended up being the one i needed to leave on the motor. also make sure you put a block off plate from your 4.8 onto the 6.0, if you dont I hope you like oil... dont ask how I know.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i dont really tow a lot, so i guess i'll remove them, and install the blockoff plate. i appreciate all the help guys, maybe we'll get this thing in soon.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Damn, too bad those assholes cut the lines!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts