GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a vid or soundclip of a 6.0L (lQ4) with no cats and flowmaster mufflers? how do you all think my 2500HD would sound with off road pipes and dual super 44 flowmasters? much different without cats (rasp)?

btw, i already have the rear O2s deleted so SES light wont be a problem.

any info would be appreciated!

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
dont do flowmaster. to much drone. besides that i dunno sorry. try youtube search

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
my 6.0 has high flow cats and single chamber flows with 5 inch tips.....sounds amazing......my other buddy has single chambers 5 inch tips with no cats.....its loud...real loud....but mine is deeper and sounds better...

·
Hella
918 Posts
I have LT's and a big ass magnaflow round can ....

It drones like a muthafu(ker... Just accept it if your thinking of ousting the cats....

Depends what you like...Mines a little loud for my taste (and my neighbors)...espicially with the Supercharger. And dont do Blowmaster.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i had gutted stock cats with my true duals and I had flow 40's on it for about 8 months along with 3 inch tail pipes and both with and without tips and I hated it, just the sound in general....I greatly dislike flowmasters in general...so i swapped to a set of 3 inch in out 12 inch case glasspacks and without tips it sounds good, but realllyyy loud above 2100

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
i noticed my flow 44s are deeper on my yukon with cats than my friends 97 z71 with a couple straight through mufflers and cats. imo 44s should sound better with no cats. i need to get mine takenout this coming week since i got my tune specifically for that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts