GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, i want to get a susp lift but i just got these tires and dont have the money to spend on new rims really, so if it will look like crap, not work etc. i dont want to look any farther into it so if you have any pictures of what this looks like post 'em up

oh btw,i was leaning towards a pro comp or RCD...only 2 i heard really good things about but i know NOTHING about prices really or install so i need all the info you got, i just started thinking seriously abou tthis like TODAY so help a fool out :crazy:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
I don't think a 6+3 and 35's will look bad. I would go with Pro Comp over RCD since the PC is a full drop lift.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
You saw mine, that was a 6+3 on 35s. BTW I can hook you up on instal if your semi flexable on the date. I have a few other lifts in line first after I finish my SFA.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I have the 6" RCD and think its a really good lift. I like them because of the quality and strength.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
a 35 would look good. i would never run a spindle lift on my 4wd truck though.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Here's a 6" RCD suspension lift, 3" body lift, and 35's on 16x8 wheels. Its some guy's from FSC, so if you want to talk to him, thats where you could track him down. Hopefully my truck will look very similar in the near future. :anitoof:

BigBadSilveradofromFSC.gif

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
i think it will look fine, here is me with a 6+3 on 16x10's

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats cool guys, thanks for the imput...i liek the way the red silvy looks i knew a lot of people ran 6+3 and 35's on 10" rims but i didn't know how the 8" wide looked. So what do you guys think is a fair price for either of these lifts, and will my rims work with it..i dont know the back spacing they were on the truck when i got it

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
back spacing doesnt matter on the procomp, stock spacing will work so they will for 100% sure.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
I'd do the ProComp, if I were you. Its a great kit, and I'm pretty sure its less $$$ than the RCD. If it had been out when I lifted my truck, I probably would have gotten it. Dont get me wrong, I love my Rancho, but for some reason I've taken a liking to the ProComp kit lately. :anitoof:

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Go for it man! I think it would look good.
Like Grant said, go for the Procomp. Both are nice but of the two I personally would go for the PC for the fact that it is a full drop if nothing else IMO. But it is a nice kit even if that is not a factor for you.

Hey, later on down the road you can get rid of those wheels and get some wider ones if you want. If you can get a decent price for those it might not be that hard on the pocket for a new set of 16x10's IMO

·
Bama Man
163 Posts
i would go with rcd. ive heard nothin but bad things about pro comp. rcd comes with bilstein shocks witch are far superior to pro comps in my opinion. i love my rcd lift.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts