GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've had about enough of the 6.5" anti-wrap, bounce-the-shit-out-of-me block I'm running right now. What's my best bet for replacing it besides springs? The wifey would shoot me if I bought springs. So I was talking with Jameson and he was saying shackle flip and a zero rate? Or zero rate and an AAL?

What's my best option for improving my ride and sitting level?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Here is Drew's Shackl flip setup.
ORD Shackle Flip
7" DIY Shackle
1" Zero Rate
2" Tapered Block
Nets rougly 8" of lift out back.
PICT1104.jpg

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That to me seems like a very good, cost effective set up. Are the shackles really noticable hanging down?

I'm getting ready to add a 1.5" BL as well.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Without a BL its not that noticeable. I suggest you keeping your stock shackle
4" SF
1" 0rate
1-2" block
6-7" of lift depending on block size. On dont worry about the block under the Zero rate. Drew has DD'ed and Hheeled the piss out of with no issues!
PICT0020-2.jpg

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So basically I could use my stock shackle and stock block? I think the block that I pulled when I did then lift is around 1-1.25". All I really need would be a 1" zero rate then? Or maybe a 2" 0rate if my stock block is 1".

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
yea that could work... i forget who makes 2" zero rates. hmm iirc it was blackwidow fab and they are outa business now

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
So basically I could use my stock shackle and stock block? I think the block that I pulled when I did then lift is around 1-1.25". All I really need would be a 1" zero rate then? Or maybe a 2" 0rate if my stock block is 1".
Well 0rates are all 1" unless custom made. But I'd try the stock block then set weight on it before spending more money than not needed!

Basically get a measurement of what you got now then buy a SF and a 0Rate. Use stock shackle, and stock bolck in conjuction with Zero rate. At this time do a Ubolt flip. Use round ubolts and buy some Ubolt plates to fit on top of spring pack.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I gotcha. Great info!

What's the purpose of a U-bolt flip?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Ubolt flips is exaclt what I posted in the fist pic. The threads point up. It looks better, less chage of damaging a ubolt, and you have to buy new ubolts anyway!

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweet.

Anything has to be a better ride than that big ass block I've got now.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
It will ride alot better with the SF and the rear will actually FLEX!

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Flex is good. My other half had a hell of a time trying to take a nap on our last road trip. The interstate was bouncing her head all over the place.

Marcus where do you suggest I buy all this stuff from?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Offroad Design on the SF. You will have to get a SF from a HD IIRC but it will still work minus driloling a few holes. Nothing the simple Do it yourselfer cannot handle! DIY4x.com make ubolt flip plates that are badass and will never break or bend. Ubolts We get custom made at our local spring shop for about $8 a peice.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/shacklekit.htm
Get the one for 2500HD

www.jkwoffroad.com
They made my 2.5" Zero Rate for like 80 bucks.

Then run your stock Shackle and an AAL and you will get about 7". Im sitting cali right now bc I got about 7-8" out back and 10" up front. Im getting 4" springs to cure that so I may be selling my 2.5" zero rate.
Im also doing the Ubolt flip with my axle swap. I agree that it looks much better.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Jameson adding TECH. Im impressed!!!

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jameson did the 2.5" 0rate actually give you 2.5" of lift? Cause if my math is right I'm looking at 4" SF, 2.5" 0rate, and 1.25" stock block = 7.75" of lift. That will probably put me .5" higher in the rear.

·
WANT LIFT!!!
3,286 Posts
I am planning on running this very set-up. I hate cali and I have some unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Jameson did the 2.5" 0rate actually give you 2.5" of lift? Cause if my math is right I'm looking at 4" SF, 2.5" 0rate, and 1.25" stock block = 7.75" of lift. That will probably put me .5" higher in the rear.
that will be tits with that big ass box. and a half inch isnt noticeable

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Jameson adding TECH. Im impressed!!!
:rofljest:

Yeah, its basically a 2.5" block with the holes in it to reposition the axle. You may have to play around with different setups. I'm pretty sure the AAL didnt give 1.5" of lift. Im sitting like 2.5" Cali right now. Im in need of some 4" springs bad. I keep forgetting you have about 8" upfront. You would really only need like 7" outback then right? Just run what the other guys told you and see how it sits. No sense in spending extra money on a 2.5" ZR if you can get a 1" and use your stock block.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Avoid AAL's they make a spring pack super stiff.

1 - 20 of 190 Posts