GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know out of these 3 wheels what will work with a 6/8 drop on an OBS. Stock steel work truck wheels for the OBS. Stock Silvy wheels for OBS. 70s-80s model steel rally wheels. And what size tires would I need to run? Ive got 235/65s, I think, on the rally wheels and it doesnt look like the wheels are going to tuck.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I have bags in the front of mine. These are 235/60/15's with the ss rally rims. I guess this is ABOUT a 6 in the front drop. The back is static dropped. That's my ride height though.
rideheight.jpg

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, those wheels would work fine then. I might try and find a set of those. I love the way they look.

Edit, my main concern is will I be able to turn? With my current wheels I dont think it would, thats why I ask.

·
Registered
534 Posts
9" is so low in the back. You're def gonna rip ur rollpan off if you've got one. IF its a bumper that'd be sick, just scrape the shit everywhere haha:rocking:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
9'' isn't THAT low. look how low mine is with an 8''. Those tires are smaller than a 255/35/20

·
Registered
36 Posts
For you guys running a 6/8 what shocks are you using?? I want to go to a 6/8 and was wondering if i could use my doetsch shocks that iam using now on my 4/6?
sorry if i jacked this thread.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
yes itsthe same ones, ur not gonna bottom the shocks out before you bottom out the lca's on the bumpstops.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
The back of mine rides like poo because I still have the 4'' toxic drop shocks on there..... LOL it's probably holding the back up a little bit because there almost bottomed out. I have airshocks for 7-8'' drop in the back I never used. Lemme know if want them i'll sell them to you. I bought them custom made by gabriel Hijacker airshocks. I bought them for $128 new and never used them. I'll let em go for $80 + shipping. There a little dirty cause it's like a they put glue all over it and it's like a dirt magnet.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm definitely going another inch in the rear. I just seriously think I would have mad clearance problems with the roads where I live if I went any lower in the front. I like to drive my truck, not cruise around at like 20 scared all the time. It's a balance huh guys . . . :hmm:

·
Registered
593 Posts
any stock wheel from that body style will work. if you use spindles youll have to trim down the lca. i had to trim and take off my inside wheel weights, and they still rubbed at full lock.

if yall think 6/9 would be low, imagine that on a ext cab or longer. geez, i would prolly mount a speed bump.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
any stock wheel from that body style will work. if you use spindles youll have to trim down the lca. i had to trim and take off my inside wheel weights, and they still rubbed at full lock.

if yall think 6/9 would be low, imagine that on a ext cab or longer. geez, i would prolly mount a speed bump.
Mines a long bed.

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
155 Posts
i wanna go 4/6 i dont know about 6/8

1 - 20 of 21 Posts