GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Bds 6 lift and I am wondering if my current wheels xd 20x 8.5 with 6.13 backspacing with 35mm offset will work. I currently have a 2.5 leveling kit with some 305/50/20 cooper zeon ltz's and they are within 1/8 inch of rubbing at full lock. Also anyone who installed this themselves have any tips let me know any help would be much appreciated.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
I've got a BDS High-clearance non torsion-bar drop kit (combined with some Cognito parts). They're actually a somewhat local company to me, excellent customer service and great product.
I love my lift.

I'm not sure what lift you've got, but I'd bet if those wheels fit with just a leveling kit you shouldn't have a problem with the lift... ?
6.13" of backspacing on an 8.5" rim seems like quite a bit, so they may seem sucked in the wheel-well a decent bit, but since they are 20's I don't think you'd have an issue with the knuckles. Hard to tell though, depending on how the spokes are, etc...
Are you going to run the same 305/55's with the 6" lift? Maybe just a bit small?

I'd give BDS a ring tomorrow, every time I've spoken with them (quite a few times) they are more than willing to help, or just shoot the shit and talk trucks, haha!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
that backspacing seems to large. My guess is you will hit control arm or sway bar.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
I'm looking at getting the same kit and questioned their customer service rep about recommended BS/offset for 20" wheels. "...the backspacing recommended on a 20" rim is 5.75"."

8.5" wide with 6.13 BS? Must be Rockstars?

Ted Yearling (PM me for his email addy) has answered all of my questions via email promptly.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
I'm looking at getting the same kit and questioned their customer service rep about recommended BS/offset for 20" wheels. "...the backspacing recommended on a 20" rim is 5.75"."

8.5" wide with 6.13 BS? Must be Rockstars?

Ted Yearling (PM me for his email addy) has answered all of my questions via email promptly.
ah, well there you have it.

Yeah, I remember Ted too...

6.13" BS is BS. :crazy:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I will call them tomorrow. You guessed it; I am super close to the control arm. I do have the infamous rockstars. I am wanting to sell them and get something not so popular that every black vehicle in my town has.

Hopefully I can get some 35's but really not a big concern right now. I've been a long time lurker first time poster on here and didn't want to post my wheels and tires for sale because of the minimum post rule. If you want to check them out I have them over at the Gm-trucks forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts