GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am being told that my 6 inch Fabtech lift is going to break and kill me! What is the deal with this? It is coming from 4 Wheel Parts, and I want to confirm this is, or is not true.

I have a 2000 Chevy 2WD with Fabtech Upper A-Arms, Spindles and springs (although for some reason, they are red... not blue).

Anyway, the guys over at 4 Wheel Parts are telling me that the ball joints have been recalled by Fabtech and if I continue to drive my truck... the ball joints will fail and potentially flip my truck over... scary thoughts if you ask me! I guess this cannot be fixed and the risk I am putting on myself in driving this truck is really big.

Is this true? Should I be scraping my lift and installing a new 7 inch? If this is not true, then I could be spending this money on other mods and not worry about my lift...

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Well, if the balljoints have been recalled by Fabtech, they should be replaced by Fabtech free of charge.

Other than that, I dont see how the kit itself can be dangerous? They wouldnt continue to sell them if there was an inherently dangerous design flaw.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
i dont get it............if they recall the product that means they replace it for free............so what is the big issue here?

call fabtech :read: four wheel parts is full of complete idiots

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Jeff said:
.......if they recall the product that means they replace it for free............

:word: Thats exactly what I'm saying. Glad to see that I'm not the only one that thinks that 4WP is trying to screw this dude into paying for a bunch of shit that he doesnt need.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
I agree with everyone sounds like 4WP is trying to rip you. I have heard about alot of people having problems with the balljoints on the 2WD fabtech kits, fabtech should replace your balljoints for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts