GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 06 Silverado 1500. Just added the readylift torsion keys with 3 inch blocks in the rear. Sits fine right now with my BFG Destination AT's(whcih run kinda small and skinny but I just ordered Mickey Thompson Baja Claws 33/12.5/17's and was wondering if I was to add a 3 inch body if the tires would look to small? Any of you guys run this and have pics? I can't find this set-up anywhere on here...Thanks Guys

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
it would look proportional :imo

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
probably shoulda went with 35s. but it wont be the worst in the world. Gerald was running 12" with 33's before he bought tires! lol

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
Shouldnt be horrible. I belive some tires that measured out to 34" or maybe even 35" would fill up your wheel well better but its all up to how you like it.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
your gonna be a lil tall. but you could de crank a lil clear them nicely and save some front end wear

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
If your "Ready Lift" consists of different keys, and you got 3" out of it, start saving for front end parts. This method of 6" on 33s is not only going to look goofy to some, but its also gonna be pure hell on your front end. Happy cranking. :bowtie:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gmc00z. I have pro comp wheels so that will help?.

CowboyKyle. Well I didn't get 3 inches in the front with the ready lift. I actually got 2 and half in the front. Than the 3 inch body would only really lift the front 5 and half inches, than it would be 6 inches in the rear.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
If you feel you MUST lift to run the 33s, set your suspension 100% stock, front to back, and run ONLY the body lift.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Check sig pic, roughly 6 inches lift with 33x13.50's

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
body lift and 33s :imo I just replaced the entire front end on my yukon which was stock for the first 60k and lowered/decranked 30k. 1/2 ton ifs is garbage, save yourself the grief and body lift that bitch :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts