GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I lifted my 1500hd 6 inches and ik it needs aligned yada yada yada but im 10000000% against using these blocks. Theyre 5 1/4 inches tall and gives my truck wicked axle wrap. so I called superlift the manufacturer and they said im stuck using only blocks. But my question is. Can I use leafs from a different make or an older gm vehicle to get the rear tight WITHOUT the blocks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
So I lifted my 1500hd 6 inches and ik it needs aligned yada yada yada but im 10000000% against using these blocks. Theyre 5 1/4 inches tall and gives my truck wicked axle wrap. so I called superlift the manufacturer and they said im stuck using only blocks. But my question is. Can I use leafs from a different make or an older gm vehicle to get the rear tight WITHOUT the blocks?

Pick up some 4" lift spring packs. and then a 1" block.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
I think Skyjacker makes 5" springs.... check Summit Racing.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like itll be at least 300 per spring. :/. Guess blocks will have to do until I can save up some dough lol. Is there a way to get 6 inches out of stock leafs? Like take some out and relocate the shackles?

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Looks like itll be at least 300 per spring. :/. Guess blocks will have to do until I can save up some dough lol. Is there a way to get 6 inches out of stock leafs? Like take some out and relocate the shackles?

Try and find some used 2500HD or 3500HD leaf springs. then a smaller block

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a 1500hd so I think its got the 2500 leafs in it. But if I do any block id like it to be an inch or less just bc these 5.25s are just crap. Makin my truck dog walk bad and too idk wobbly I guess. And ive tightened u bolts to 180 ft pounds so ik they're tight but just doesnt feel right if that makes sense lol

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It does indeed lol. I really need to figure sumn out tho so I can get it aligned etc

·
Registered
826 Posts
get a shackle flip for the rear,

·
Registered
826 Posts
it lifts 4 inches, but a 2 inch block is a lot better than an almost 5 inch one

I plan on running the shackle flip with 4 inch blocks I wish I already had it installed so I could tell you how it feels !

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol yea I think 2 inch block would be much better than my current 5.25 inch block. At least for now I may still end up buying a leaf spring for all 6 inches of lift but idk yet. But I wont have the funds to get new leafs anytime soon so shackle flip will prolly be my route of choice. Still readin pros and fins of each way to get what im after.

·
Registered
826 Posts
shackle flip is 190 from off road design,

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok so from what I gather I can do a shackle flip and get the 6 inches of lift with stock springs correct?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts