GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought some rims/wheels both new, never used or mounted. they are 22' custom Lezzani or lexxani rims whatever the brand is. They are 265/35zr22. my current wheels are 265/75r16. I went to have them installed and the bolt pattern on them is 5 lug, whereas mine is a 6 lug. My Question is:

Are hub adaptors reliable and or safe. If so, where should i get my hub adaptor, and what price should I be paying? thank you

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
why would you buy a 5 lug wheel for a 6 lug truck?

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
why would you buy a 5 lug wheel for a 6 lug truck?
Werd, how in the hell do you not know your truck has 6 lugs. Go outside and count them. I really hope you got them for like $200 otherwise your an idiot.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Werd, how in the hell do you not know your truck has 6 lugs. Go outside and count them. I really hope you got them for like $200 otherwise your an idiot.
yeah pretty much...something that looks like a good deal on the surface isn't always a good deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well thanks for all the positive feedback ahaha. im 16 i dont know jack shit about cars. the cap thing was on. but i went to the services place and the guy who sold them to me said they would fit so if i dont get my money back i can take him to court for false information. i got them for 1200 when they are normally 3200

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
well thanks for all the positive feedback ahaha. im 16 i dont know jack shit about cars. the cap thing was on. but i went to the services place and the guy who sold them to me said they would fit so if i dont get my money back i can take him to court for false information. i got them for 1200 when they are normally 3200
:nono:

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
well im determined to put the rims/wheels on my car. what is the best hub adaptor
Just sell them so we don't hear about you killing yourself in a boyett-esque crash when one of your wheels flyies off from a failed wheel spacer.

If you got that good of a deal on them, sell the rims, keep the tires and put new rims on there.

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
It can be done but its not cheap. Get the front hubs redrilled in a five lug pattern and new axle shafts in the rear in a five lug pattern. Then get new brake rotors to match and you'll be able to do it. That's the best way to go to 5 lug.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
just curious, but why did you buy 265/35/22 tires for a yukon? Is it bagged and body dropped or something?

·
bombs on target
3,018 Posts
looks like a nice wheels set up...but as said before you are gonna need to be LOW to get those to look right. sell the whole setup for a little profit if you can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts