GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought some rims/wheels both new, never used or mounted. they are 22' custom Lezzani or lexxani rims whatever the brand is. They are 265/35zr22. my current wheels are 265/75r16. I went to have them installed and the bolt pattern on them is 5 lug, whereas mine is a 6 lug. My Question is:

Are hub adaptors reliable and or safe. If so, where should i get my hub adaptor, and what price should I be paying? thank you

·
Registered
156 Posts
You can check out this possibility.

http://www.skulte.com/index.php/cPath/21

They told me of instances during roll over accidents (on vehicles with their adapters installed) of the rims being broke off with no damage to the underlying adapters.

They are great communicators and will make the adapters custom order to your axle hub and rim, such that you get a hub centric / wheel centric adapter for strength.

·
The One The Only
27 Posts
I'm kinda in the same boat. Got some 18's for my 89 truck and found out they were 6 lug. Well to make a long story short installed them with 2 piece spacers from 5 lug to 6 lug and the wheels stuck out too far and would have rubbed about 3 inches from the edge of the tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts