GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
apparently the mythical 6 bolt version of the polished HD wheels doesn't exist. so instead of changing my hubs and god knows what else, i thought why don't i just get some adapters? question is, who makes, 'em, and where can i buy 'em?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i wouldn't recommend them:read: They are supposed to brake all the time. if you really want a set i believe AIM makes them

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2k1slvrdo said:
i wouldn't recommend them:read: They are supposed to brake all the time. if you really want a set i believe AIM makes them
spacers are one thing, but i've not read of much trouble with bolt-on adaptors. i wouldn't buy from AIM... so still looking for a source.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still looking. if anyone can recommend a reputable manufacturer of adaptors i'd appreciate it.

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Bolt-on adapters are not as bad as spacers, but can lead to there share of problems. Spacing the wheels out farther put alot more stress on your wheel bearings, and can cause them to fail alot sooner.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VicRed said:
Bolt-on adapters are not as bad as spacers, but can lead to there share of problems. Spacing the wheels out farther put alot more stress on your wheel bearings, and can cause them to fail alot sooner.
that's what i was afraid of, i've had enough wheel bearing problems in the past to rule this out. that and the 6 to 8 bolt patterns conflict.

some dude on PUTC swears GM makes a 6 bolt version of the HD aluminum wheels, but i still think it's a myth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts