GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How’s it going y’all I’m new to all this but I’m interested in buying my neighbors truck... she told me it was her dads before he passed, and she’s gonna knock on my door when she comes up with a price. Just have no idea what it is worth and hoping some of y’all could give me a ballpark price.

It’s a 1969 gmc 1500 v-eight. She told me it has a rebuilt or replaced transmission and it currently runs. I looked at it and it’s a little rusty in the classic spots and the bed is starting to rust out. Suspension might need some work too.

4B43D9CF-1679-490A-AE1E-61C124663603.jpeg
9546C014-B202-4655-A573-22DDDFD43BF7.jpeg
A8A639DB-F86C-4925-81C0-E5AB3BBC3C20.jpeg
D3FACDFD-BF5B-4AD2-97BD-C7F0AD9A19C3.jpeg
0294422D-B0E9-40E7-8AD7-B302EA6FCA6D.jpeg

Thanks

·
Registered
663 Posts
It's really hard to say for vehicle values, because prices will vary considerably by location.

Honestly it will be up to what it is worth to you. I would probably search craigslist in your area and see what a similar truck is going for and then cut that price because people always ask for more than what they are worth.

·
Registered
76 Posts
How’s it going y’all I’m new to all this but I’m interested in buying my neighbors truck... she told me it was her dads before he passed, and she’s gonna knock on my door when she comes up with a price. Just have no idea what it is worth and hoping some of y’all could give me a ballpark price.

It’s a 1969 gmc 1500 v-eight. She told me it has a rebuilt or replaced transmission and it currently runs. I looked at it and it’s a little rusty in the classic spots and the bed is starting to rust out. Suspension might need some work too.

View attachment 869445 View attachment 869446 View attachment 869447 View attachment 869448 View attachment 869449

Thanks
What purpose will you use it for ? Work ? Pleasure ?

Wyr
God bless

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hoping to put some antique plates on it and just drive it for pleasure one day.. but for now park it in my backyard and slowly clean up some of the surface rust and fix the suspension issues. Just have it as a fun project truck fixing little things here and there

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That is false

If you were going to restore the truck to put on a pretty shelf, then yes go to the expense of cutting out the rust and either patching with a panel or a entire new quarter. However I would tell anyone in your position to look at the POR15 products on the market today. If properly used you could save a lot of money and have a repair that looks just as good. The level of success depends on the prep work, following the instructions, and not having a short man complex. I restore cars, there is a time to weld and a time to use POR15 Expoxy IMHO. Do as you will but Youtube has a lot of videos on the subject.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the surface rust I was referring to is on the frame. I would definitely have to do something about that door.. and I haven’t even been able to check out the floor yet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts