GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i did my taxes and i'm gettin a helluva refund back and decided to lift my truck. i'm doing a 6in fabtech lift with performance shocks. 35x12.50x16 bfg all terrains and pro comp 1089wheels... let me know what ya'll think

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
most people dont like the fabtech lifts and would opt for the cheaper(?) procomp. Should look good tho

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Don't go fabtech they push your front tires out 2" per side IIRC. GO with the superlift of or procomp. I have seen a fulldrop superlift and installed a full drop pro comp. They are pains in the ass to install but way stronger than a knuckle kit.. flame away with the cepek jokes now:head2:

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
I like my Fabtech. It rides good and looks/feels well built. It does widen the trac width 2" per side but THAT dosent bother me. It bothers a lot of people on here, but its your money. Just use us as a reference.

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
I have fabtech and have no problems with it at all. If it was me though barely installing a new lift...i would go with cognito.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have fabtech and i like it. also have bfg's and they are great. the front stance on gm's is 2" wider than the rear from factory. its just more noticeable with bigger tires. get the tape out. i have 17x8 6001's with 4.5" backspacing. perfect for a 6" lift.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
4.5" bs rims on a fabtec is like running 2.5" on a full drop, sticks out too much for my liking.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just got done doin a 6" Fabtech last night on a 95 ECSB and the guy loved it. I put a 6" superlift on my 01 ECSB and have nothing but prais for it. The Fabtech was much easier to install but mine feels just as strong and it was much cheaper.

9,777 Posts
I am not a fan of the Fabtech price or how the front tires stick out on them. I think it looks very goofy for the most part. If i was going with a 6" lift on a NBS it would be Pro Comp, Rancho, RCD, or Superlift...but mostl likely Pro Comp due to being a full drop and I have heard nothing but praises about them on NBS's

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
any one got any pics of the widening of the tires. i didn't know that it widen the tires. as for price, the fabtech is the cheapest i've found at 1342.34. I was looking at a pro comp but only can find them around 1500.

another thing. ive noticed on the fabtech the rear is lifted with a 5in block and an add-a-leaf. can i just use the block to get 6 in the front and 5 in the back
?

9,777 Posts
as for price, the fabtech is the cheapest i've found at 1342.34. I was looking at a pro comp but only can find them around 1500.
where all did you get it priced at? I am sure that with the amount of folks in this thread we can find you a better price...some of us are internet pricing junkies :head:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
4wheelparts.com
ebay
4wheelonline.com

any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.....6in lift with autotrac...thanks in advance

·
Registered
838 Posts
I like my Fabtech. It rides good and looks/feels well built. It does widen the trac width 2" per side but THAT dosent bother me. It bothers a lot of people on here, but its your money. Just use us as a reference.
I have no complaints about mine either and I don't think that widening the track width looks bad either. just look \/

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
I love my procomp lift and didn't pay nearly 1500 for it. pm Dark Eternal and see what he'll sell you one for.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
i know a guy that has a pewter 2000 with same lift, wheel, and tire size. looks bitchin, perfect for runnin a 35

1 - 20 of 59 Posts