GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was really nice out yesterday, so I went out and had some fun picking on unsuspecting cars and trucks. During one of my runs, I heard a backfire and lost alot of power. I limped it home and discovered the #7 plug COVERED in oil. :bawl:

I drove it to my buddy's shop this morning so we could put the monster 4" exhaust on it. I can't really feel a difference yet, but running on 7 cylinders will do that to you. :LOL: It looks incredible. Dual 3" pipe into a 5x11x22Magnaflow with a single 4" exit. I'll get pics when we do the motor swap.

·
heavy on the skinny pedal
1,732 Posts
I'll settal for nothing less then picks of fist sized holes in your current block, so get to it.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Typical bullshit.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
then what are you waiting for... Grenade that son of a bitch! :devil2:
I still need to be able to drive it to the shop so we can do the swap. I'm not paying to have it towed again. I already did that twice this year for the tranny and rear end. :LOL: I'm pissed because we were planning on taking it to the track and spraying the shit out of it until it blew, after the motor was built. Then we were going to tow it to the shop and swap the built motor in it. Now I don't get to enjoy blowing it up and I have to swap in a bone stock longblock instead of a built motor.

·
Registered
411 Posts
are you going to install a victor jr manifold?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No on the Victor jr. but I'm still researching intakes and cams. I want to go with a different cam than I have now. This cam performed much better than everyone thought it would, so I want to go a tad bigger in the 6.0. I already have a guy wanting to buy the current cam, so I just need to make a decision.

·
Registered
411 Posts
No on the Victor jr. but I'm still researching intakes and cams. I want to go with a different cam than I have now. This cam performed much better than everyone thought it would, so I want to go a tad bigger in the 6.0. I already have a guy wanting to buy the current cam, so I just need to make a decision.
You just going to run it real rich? How are you going to remedy the #7 cylinder problem? Just curious...

It seems that the truck, ls1, ls6, and fast intakes all have air distribution problems when running FI. GM performance parts has a spider type manifold as well.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You just going to run it real rich? How are you going to remedy the #7 cylinder problem? Just curious...

It seems that the truck, ls1, ls6, and fast intakes all have air distribution problems when running FI. GM performance parts has a spider type manifold as well.
My tune was already running pretty rich, so I'm not sure why it blew. I'll learn more when I actually tear it down. I'm shifting at 6100, so I don't know that I'd really benefit from the swap.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
No 7 always shits, could have been a crap piston you had too.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
you guys are making me nervous with all this blowing up #7 shit... makes me want to take the bottle out and leave it out...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts