GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Haven't been on in awhile, spent last winter restoring my grandfathers 71. Some have asked about the before amd after so ill start off when i got the truck to how it sits now.

Truck was bought new by my grandfather in 71, it is a 71 Custom Longbed, 350/350turbo factory air, pwr steering, front discs, manual brakes.
My father has had it for 10 years. Truck had not been driven for 12 years at the time i rolled it iut of my fathers barn. This is what i had the day i pushed it out of the garage.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The last few things i have done recently is added hooker long tubes, power brakes, and lowered 2.5/3

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Cool story and great work so far. Looks like it was in pretty good shape. Is that original paint?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yes original paint, just put a good polish job and a light wax on it.. it could use it again really. I wanted to keep dints, dings, and patina. They all have a story behind them, my grandfather used the truck like a truck.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Nice truck! Great that it’s stayed in the family....

Reactions: heysoos

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks fellas! As for the halos, they are only used at cruise ins and shows, stuff like that.. the picture really doesn't do the halos justice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very nice, and good work. This makes me wish I still had my '71 like that, same color green, only with a standard bed. I have a '92 Sierra now and it's much more complicated to deal with than my old '71.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very cool story behind the truck and nice work. That's a truck you hang on to for life and keep in the family for generations :)
Truck aint going anywhere! I cant ge tf out in it without someone asking what id take for it. My daughter is 3, it will be hers eventually.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Been a few months since I've posted.. the 71 has had went through extensive changes since yall last saw it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts