GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Yankees Suck!
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a unique opportunity to get an 87 K5 Blazer pretty darn cheap, and time is of the essence. It's in ok shape, with a 6 inch lift, 3.08's with 35's. Np203 with Turbo 350 out of a 75 model.

It needs to have the linkages fixed, a new x-member for the trans. and a front driveshaft.

What I need to know is will all of the stuff off of my 67 Mutt fit. It's a 78 3/** truck running gear. Will the axles fit, 14bff rear and corp. 10 bolt front. How hard would it be to swap in the granny 4 spd with the np205 and stick a clutch pedal in it? And will the front driveshaft fit, or would I just have to measure it?

I'm just wondering, because the K5 makes a lot more sense for family wheeling than a single cab truck.

It also has a/c(makes the wife happy) and the bed of it has been rhino lined.

Thanks in advance,
John

·
this
1,584 Posts
Your '67 has a 10 bolt front?

Axles will work but you might have to move the spring pads.
The drive shaft will not work with the lift. Might want to remeasure the rear while you are at it to make sure it is correct.
Stick with the 205 but why the 4 speed? Swapping it in will be like any auto to standard swap.

..oh, and re-gear! 3.08's bring the suck with 35's.

·
Yankees Suck!
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 78 chassis/running gear. And the 4 speed is because I was under the impression that a transfer case behind an auto had to stay behind an auto and a case behind a standard had to stay behind a standard.

If the 205 from the 4spd will fit the turbo 350 then I don't have to change the trans.

Also, I'm wanting to take my axles from the 67 and stick them under the K5 so that I have the 3.73's. The regear will come later on.

·
Registered
999 Posts
why not just buy a 27 spline 205 input and swap it in?

·
Registered
999 Posts
i believe the 350/205 was a 1 year only thing now that i think about it, 1980.

·
Registered
999 Posts
350/203 is a very common combo, and people often confuse the 203 and 205 because they're both cast iron.

·
Registered
999 Posts
:word: After 73 or so, I think most (if not all) th350s had 203's behind them until 79 or 80.
after checking my facts, the 205 was the ONLY transfer case offered in 1980, no matter what trans. i knew there was something special about the 205 in '80

1 - 7 of 7 Posts