GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stopped by a dealer today and i was checking out this 2500hd..It had the 8.1L in it wuth 120k miles and it looked like it was in pretty good shape. body had no dings or dents in it,interior looked pretty good from what i saw..only flaw was the back seat and just had a spot were it has been rubbed or something but wasnt bad.its an ecsb its stock height with some 16 in wheels with some nitto terra grapplers. and they want 13,900 for it.. is there any problems with these motors? also does that seem like a good price for a 2001 HD?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Seems hi to me. My bro bout a about a year ago a 2004 1 tonner dually with 80k and spent like 17 im thinking. Id also be leary of a big block with that many miles on it. Everyone ive heard form doenst give the 8.1 too much past that.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
At 17 years old, are you able to pay for the fuel the big block will drink? I'd never buy an 8.1. If you need torque, get a duramax. :imo

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i definately am not thinging about getting another truck at 17..i was just tossing around the idea for maybe when im 19-20. buy then the duramax should be cheaper than what there are now..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts