GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think Grady's are the ones that make the conversion hubs and if I rembemer correctly they are in the ball park of $500 for the pair. What I am curious about is even with the conversion hubs they space the wheel far enough off the original hub so that any 6 lug wheel will mount, or if you have to have the center drilled out to clear.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no one else has any info on this? I thought for sure DE and willys would chime in considering there are all into this shit...

·
2,451 Posts
zubyc said:
no one else has any info on this? I thought for sure DE and willys would chime in considering there are all into this shit...
The only other person i can think has this would be westcoastz71, you might pm him on fsc or here, I believe he has the adapters from another company besides grady's.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
ok sorry, ive just been super busy.

Gradys is the way to go. They are 500 for the pair BUT I would also go ahead and replace all of your wheel bearings while your in there, it would be dumb not to so thats maybe another $100 roughly. For disk brakes you would need some kind of 6 lug rotor (maybe a k10 front rotor?) and brackets positioned to work with a caliper from say the k10 as well. Your hardest part would be getting the brakes worked out since I dont think you have the means to make and weld on the brackets. (I could be wrong - if you do then its an easy job). All around though your looking at maybe around $1000 to buy the axle, and have it converted to 6 lug. This does not include gearing though which you also have to keep in mind. If you didnt live so far away I would offer to build you one but I think in your case now shipping a 550 lb axle would kill that deal.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well my dad has semi's that always are around that area so it could be loaded up into that....PM me how much you would be willing to do it for. Also, i'm not wanting to do this right away cuz i want this 10bolt to last atleast untill jan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts