1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://media.putfile.com/Ted-Sterner-Marysville-ohio

trukinshop.gif

FrontofPump.gif

One of only two known to exist, the entire high pressure common rail fuel injection system is replaced with a mechanical p-pump. Apparently it is a nightmare getting a mechanical fuel pump to work with the electronic engine, but if successful you get 1500+ FT/LBS of torque!

Wonder what kind of EGTs he sees with flames shooting out of the stack?

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
too bad he has the shittiest tires ever. He could tow stuff 10X better with anything else :read:

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
too bad he has the shittiest tires ever. He could tow stuff 10X better with anything else :read:
yeah STS would not be my first choice for anything, seems to work for him tho.

so i dont know jack about diesels.......whats going on with this one and wtf is on the front end?
the tank on the front is for extra weight for traction...

here'a a brief explanation: 1998 and earlier Cummins engines have 12 valve heads and were mechanically fuel injected, no electronics, no nothing. these are the ones that run forever. you can tell a 12 apart from a 24 because they are extremely loud at idle. you turn the power up by turning up the fuel pump, not by adding an electronic box. 1999 and newer Cummins engines have 24 valve heads and electronic fuel injection, thus you can turn up the power by pluggin in a box like Edge, TST, whatever. p-pump is an insane engine driven fuel pump that usually only reserved for 12 valve mechanical engines, this guy made one work on a 24 valve electronic engine.

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
I know a guy that put a mechanical fuel pump on a 2001 24-valve...

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Full Pull!

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Impressive performance, but looks fuckin retarded.
wasn't built for looks. same reason guys take a headlight out at the drag strip. sincerely doubt it is streetable.

looks mean, I just dont understand how he got that to work.
yeah not something I am planning on trying in the garage on a weekend.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Ohhh, if I can EVER find my ideal F350 I could get to work on a 12v/NV4500 swap.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts