·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yes, they have all parts.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, i am going to start putting together everything i need to do the swap. might take me a while but i just got my taxes back:head: so that will start me off with a few parts. im deff going with the 80e after hearing nothing but bad things about 60e trannies. anybody have any tips on anything about the swap or anything i should be sure to do or whatnot?:bowtie:

·
Registered
411 Posts
ok, i am going to start putting together everything i need to do the swap. might take me a while but i just got my taxes back:head: so that will start me off with a few parts. im deff going with the 80e after hearing nothing but bad things about 60e trannies. anybody have any tips on anything about the swap or anything i should be sure to do or whatnot?:bowtie:
You can get most of the stuff from the junk yard if you want to save money. 6.0 flexplate, crank spacer, dipstick tube, shifting linkage, 80e, and converter.

You have to buy the second speed controller from speed engineering and have someone flash an 80e trans file into your pcm.

You can modify your current crossmember.

An 80e/turbo 400 yolk needs to be addded to your driveshaft.

That should be enough to get you started....

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a nelson so tuning isnt a problem...i think im just going to get a new crossmember or is it that hard to modify?

·
Registered
411 Posts
i have a nelson so tuning isnt a problem...i think im just going to get a new crossmember or is it that hard to modify?
It is pretty easy to modify. How much money are the ones that are made to fit? When I did mine, we ordered the 4l80e crossmember, and we were going to have redrill the frame for 2 of the bolts. Not sure if we ordered the wrong one or what, but we ended up adding a plate on the back of the original crossmember and it worked out well.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, because the 4L80e crossmember is $279 from speed engineering?!? and if its really that easy to modify mine i will. whats the reason for modifying it anyways...something wont clear it or somethin?

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
you modify it because the 80e is a longer transmission and the mount needs to be further back.

you sure you want to go through with the 80e man? it's going to be a lot harder too because you are 4wd. and it's going to cost a lot more money.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
I don't see why you have to change it, your 4wd, the input on the t-case needs to be swapped to 32 spline but the output being the mainshaft doesn't change. The slip yoke should remain the same as the S44 joint is common on the 3/4 ton trucks IIRC.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts