GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i am new to the fourm and i have a few inportant questions about my chevy, it has a 6'' suspention already with 36's no trimming done to fenders, i am wanting to put an additonal 2.5 body lift on it but i dont know what issues/problems i will run into if any with such a small body lift, ive always heard 3'' body lift is when u start to run into problems, my other question is what size tire can i run with the finished product, 8.5'' overall lift, 3/4 ton axles. please help im am in a pickle. http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What problems are you talking about?
someone told me my 4wd shifter linkage could be affected, also i have a 4 speed in it, would the shifter on the 4 speed be affected? and would i have to move my fan shroud up?

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,708 Posts
Your linkage will be fine if you clearance for it.

What size tires do you want to run? What are you using the truck for? Yes a 14b would benefit you. Would a d44 or 10 bolt in the front? Yes if you don't wheel.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a daily driver and off road when needed, I'd at least like to run 38s at the least, I'm just worried my shifter will sink too far in the floorboard, I've also heard I'd have to get a ujoint for the steering

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And what do you mean by clearance for it, this is all new to me

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,708 Posts
Must bl come with spacers. And mist issues come from hitting the floor pan.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really appreciate the advice, now time to get it ordered:) this is where the fun begins lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts