GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My steering box is leaking power steering fluid out from where the steering shaft comes in and connects to it. Ive been reading on CK5 that most people have problems with rebuild kits and trying to just replace the seals.

Has anyone tried to just replace the seals or rebuild a gear box or would it just be better to replace the unit?

As it sits right now, I have a 6" lift with 36" TSLs. I have to hold my steering wheel anywhere from 45* to 90* CCW to go in a straight line

·
Registered
10 Posts
ive rebuilt one and didnt have any problems with it, but i had it maybe 1,000 miles then sold and went with a performance PSC box with hydro-assist. they arent hard to rebuild at all. its probably just easier to replace it if u can find one used for cheap.

ps. im on ck5 too been on there forever, whats ur user name on there?

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive rebuilt one and didnt have any problems with it, but i had it maybe 1,000 miles then sold and went with a performance PSC box with hydro-assist. they arent hard to rebuild at all. its probably just easier to replace it if u can find one used for cheap.

ps. im on ck5 too been on there forever, whats ur user name on there?
i dont pay for public forums, so i cant post on that website and only use it as a last ditch effort since i cant see any of the photos without paying for it.

but its Manofsteel as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts