GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been workin on my cousins 86 c10 (slamd86cherry on here). and all his gauges just stopped working all at the same time. what could it be? i know in some older fords they have a little battery looking deal behind the gauge cluster that controls the input to the gauges, (or something like that). would it be the same way with gm. :think:

·
i always catch you hatin'
606 Posts
been workin on my cousins 86 c10 (slamd86cherry on here). and all his gauges just stopped working all at the same time. what could it be? i know in some older fords they have a little battery looking deal behind the gauge cluster that controls the input to the gauges, (or something like that). would it be the same way with gm. :think:
this could be alot of things....what have you ruled out, and by all guage you mean the speedo too? cuase that truck has a mechanical speedo so theres no way anything electrical could stop that

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
speedo works, i meant all the others, fuel, volts, oil, temp. truck runs so i know its not a battery issue or alternator. checked wiring and all seems fine.

·
i always catch you hatin'
606 Posts
hmmmm all your gauges are electronic, so if all the wrings fine im not sure why they would be out, everything behind the dash looks good? i mean theres no corrosion or burn marks or anything. i know this seems a little rhetorical but all your fuses are fine arent they?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check that wiring connector on the back side of the cluster. If it's like mine, there's a paper-like circuit that HAS to be in tact. Otherwise, you'll be looking for a donor. That connector and paper-like circuit HAVE to line up.

If your fuses are fine, there's a break between the fuse block and the cluster. Check the wiring.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, no internet yesterday. it was a loose wire behind the fuse box...thanks for your help everyone

·
Registered
550 Posts
This is a 12 year old thread, and slamd91 hasn't logged into the site since 2015, you are unlikely to get a response from that user.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I figured as much but thought I'd take a chance. I'm going to do a few more tests now that I know where the temperature and oil sensors are located before changing them out. I'm still working on discovering where the issues could be with the volt meter. I'm not sure if a volt meter can go bad or if there is a bad ground/wire to the plug in at the gauge cluster.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.