GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
my buddies 86 ran a 13.3 with just exhaust and his uncle unhooked some wire on the tranny that made it stall higher. that was on bald ass tires too. he sold it without ever registering it because it needed paint, had no power options, and the interior was beat.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
cool i guess

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
There's a GNX that runs at the local 1/8 mile track. Same track the Enzo crashed a few days ago by the way. Well it runs high 7's to low 7's when he doesn't get the wheels off the ground and wheelies down the track. Very exciting car to see, flying down the track. I'm sure it's much faster as the track is to small to really get her going.

Love those cars.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
I just want to buy something like a brand new corvette and stash it in my garage under a car cover and leave it there for the next 30 years. It would have to be worth a shit ton by then with no miles on it

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I personally ran a 13.3 @ 101 but I was having trouble spooling at the line the front brakes wouldn't hold me so I left with no boost. Still not a bad time. Actually my friend still has the car and I have been trying to buy it back from him. Thats why i bought the jeep so I could sell it and makes some money to get the GN Back!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
these cars are awesome. what kind of gas mileage do the get?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
my buddies 87 runs a very consistent 12.1 with slicks...he's tryin to sell it.

Chris, as original as yours is, you need to redo your exhaust....sometin about a chrome tip on one side and a black/surface rust one on the other side doesnt look cool....and keep in mind, GM's turbo cars we're some of the hottest items in the mid-late 80's.

EX: Any v6 turbo g-body, and the oh so sweet TTA....how i want one!

Dave

·
Im walking on sunshine!
5,651 Posts
(.sometin about a chrome tip on one side and a black/surface rust one on the other side doesnt look cool.) What the fuck are you talking about? The nats tips are both clean!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts