GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one for sale, and i am going to look at it next week.

how nice are these things? and they have a 305 correct? if it has a 350 i am not even going to bother. nightmare on gas for me, i mostly make short trips. :pow:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Well, its a suburban. Gas milage is going to SUCK, 305, 350 or whatever. Bigger engine doesn't necessarily mean bad mpg :read:. If you want good mpg and short trips, get a civic. I don't think they came with a 305 anyway, that would be underpowered :imo

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i figured, but i was wondering peoples opinions of them

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Excellent vehicles. More solid than just about anything built today, built like an f-ing tank. Pretty reliable too. Don't expect much for creature comforts though, ours is a '90 and was pretty much top of the line... power door locks, power windows and a tape player :D Oh yeah, the plastic tends to crack and fall apart after a while, although not too bad. Screws also tend to fall out of the plastic in the back...then you replace them with bigger screws and they don't fall out :D

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
:word: In 1987, all 1/2-ton GM trucks/SUV's were equipped w/ a TBI 350. A 350 in this application is more efficient than a 305 because the engine doesn't have to work as hard. Besides, the 305 is underpowered to begin with and let alone in a Suburban. :anitoof:

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was figuring it was a 350. i mean the thing is a long as my '88 fullsize and is probably a LOT heavier. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts