GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Jeff said:
way too much work to make it worth it

:word: I've thought about it, way too much work to end up with an essentially stock looking dash, just a year newer. I'd rather go full custom myself...bedliner....stainless steel....yeeeaahhh :head:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Some people do it...i don't see the point...for the work involved, take the dash of another car and put it in there...ive seen camaro dashes in s-10s...try something like that if you want to be different...mold the dash in that isn't made for a truck...lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
they make a lot of stuff for the 88-94 dashes so it is better off to just customize it than try to change it or buy a 95+

·
Registered
820 Posts
I like the 95+ alot more but it is alot of work to make it work in your truck. I would build a custom steel dash or fiberglass before i installed that one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
now, would it really be that bad of a job if you kept the digital climate control just built a face plate to make it fit where the dials are and then I guess re wiring the speedo would suck but it's just a matter of matching the wires and splicing. The mounts for the dash as well as the duct work are different but that wouldn't be too bad

I still think it wouldn't be worth it but the HVAC idea would cut down on the wiring.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have a 72 Blazer dash thats goin in my my 89 gmc. Just need to shorten it width wize about an inch and figure out a way to mount it and make the gauge cluster work. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Black_Chrome said:
That rediculas amount of work for little details is what makes a custom truck a custom, You cant be lazy and expect to have a phat ride.
Except that it will look....stock. People will just say "oooh nice 95" and you'll be like...uh no...

·
5,501 Posts
Even after all this discussion, i still don't see the point in it...its the same sorta thing as puttin an 03+ front end on a 99-02 truck...makes it look like a newer truck, but it fits that bodystyle truck and seems like a waste of money...caddy front ends on the pickups and 2dr tahoes makes since since they didn't make them like that...put something in there that wasn't made for it...it seems to make a lil more sence to me than spending the same amount of time and money to have something that looks stock...

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Black_Chrome said:
That rediculas amount of work for little details is what makes a custom truck a custom, You cant be lazy and expect to have a phat ride.
As noted, in this case all it's gonna make people think is that it's a stock 95 truck. Doing all that work for a stock look doesn't make any sense. It would be pointless....you want to make your time and energy worth something and something to be noticed. Customs is a 95-98/99/00 dash in a classic or a 99-04 dash in a OBS truck...something that can be seen.....not brushed off as just another model year truck.

Cameron

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
You should go with something like this. From the looks of it it shouldn't even be that hard to do. Looks like some sheet metal laid over to fit with some fiberglass. A little more work than that I know but all and all still custom.
nalfonso4.gif

nalfonso5.gif

Here's a camaro dash in an s-10 too:
P3140260.gif

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I talked to a guy that changed out his entire 92 Silverados interior for a 98's Turned out good and he said everything looks and works fine. I kinda like the idea of it just because I like the 95-98 dashes a little better, but it's really just all about personal preference.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I THINK it's a Cavy dash. I've seen a few of em in S-10's. It could be one out of a Camaro though cause I don't know what theres looks like.

·
5,501 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
Here's a camaro dash in an s-10 too:
P3140260.gif
its a camaro dash...ive seen the truck before online and remember it being a camaro dash...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts