GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think about back seat and room in the back of your OBS extended cab? is it comfortable at all? do you think you would want to spend a few hour trip back there? the reason i ask is because ive been looking for a NBS extended cab 4x4 V8 in my area, and i cant really find the right price. So im starting to consider getting an OBS. thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I rode in one alot to campouts and stuff, I never thought it was too bad, certainly no worse than my uncle's F-150, if not alot better.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
DO NOT buy a truck based on the amount of pass room. bad idea. screw your friends, they can drive themselves :crazy:

i wish i had gotten a reg cab :LOL:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
its not that bad... my system makes it unbareable... its kindof a joke... unless they are chicks... But normally, you can do it. The OBS is a bit smaller. But i think the improvements from obs to nbs make the extra money worth it.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2k1slvrdo said:
But i think the improvements from obs to nbs make the extra money worth it.
hm good point.

DO NOT buy a truck based on the amount of pass room. bad idea. screw your friends, they can drive themselves
my friends are almost all younger than me by about 6 months, so im gunna have to drive them around. but whether its ass or cash, "no1 rides for free" :read:

·
NorCalOffRoad
155 Posts
I haev a 94 ext cab, I havnt riden back there much. My friends always fight over who sits up front, mostly cuz my passanger seat is broke and wont slide forward. If I had to do it over again I would look into a crew cab just cuz its easier to get in and out of the back, plus more room the better. But if you dont want a crew cab, ext is great and WAY better then a reg cab.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I went from a 95 Ex-Cab to a 00 4Door Ex-Cab and would not go back for anything. The rear seat is higher & more comfortable. Save your money up and get a NBS, You won't regret it.

Just my $0.02

LK

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Slash4824 said:
my friends are almost all younger than me by about 6 months, so im gunna have to drive them around. but whether its ass or cash, "no1 rides for free" :read:
find older friends...then make them drive thier asses if they have a problem with your backseat...or get a 2dr blazer or tahoe...lol

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RedneckDude said:
find older friends...then make them drive thier asses if they have a problem with your backseat...or get a 2dr blazer or tahoe...lol
the friends in the back seat isnt the only concern i have with back seat room and comfort... if u catch my drift :naughty:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
id much rather having something with a bed, so tahoes and blazers are off the list. Im leaning toward a NBS extended cab. Maybe ill just get rid of the back seat and have a killer audio system :head:

if only GM made a half ton crew when the NBS came out, there would be no question on what i would get.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Slash4824 said:
id much rather having something with a bed, so tahoes and blazers are off the list. Im leaning toward a NBS extended cab. Maybe ill just get rid of the back seat and have a killer audio system :head:

if only GM made a half ton crew when the NBS came out, there would be no question on what i would get.
they make one now, theres one sitting next to my ext cab right now :read:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rollin20s said:
they make one now, theres one sitting next to my ext cab right now :read:
yeah i know they came out with one this year, but theres no way i could get a brand new truck, gotta go used. Thats why i wish chevy made it in 99-02, becuase not only could i possibly afford it, but i like the 99-02 look way better than the 03+

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Ok...you are worried about back seat room...but also u said u want a bed...is a bed an actually NEED or a want...and how much do u actually plan on hauling with it? When i got my blazer, i didn't think i NEEDED an actual bed, and w/ the backseat out, i have almost 6ft of bed back there...sure having a top over it can make it hard to get some stuff out, but its not too bad once u get used to it. Oh yeah, if you worry about carpet, do what a lot of guys with pick ups do...get a spray in liner. I think if i had sprayed in liner in my truck, it would be just as good as a pick up, esp if i had the top off...i could actually haul dirt bikes/4 wheelers in it then...but really, if you are that worried about backseat room, do look into a tahoe or some SUV...i know the backseat of my blazer is roomy enough for 3 people to fit all nice and comfy...and when the time arises, its great for other things...been there, done that...lol...its nice...another thing i like about it is i can have 2 12s (like i do now) in there, not lose ANY leg room, not have to worry about people kickin the subs or anything, since its in the back seat, and its secure since its still inside the truck...and if i need the room, it takes 2 mins to undo 4 wires and pull it out...just a few things to consider.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts

screw how your friends feel. back when only 2 or 3 of my friends and I had cars they would always make fun of my civic and how gay it was (one had a GEO which i just thought was funyn cuz it was a GEO the other had a corsica which broke and now he drives a bitchfire (sunfire) So anyways there were always like the geo is better then your car...and i just shook my head cuz i had power everything and my car never broke..so one day i saw a few of them BROKE in the geo and i just waved honked my horn and drove by. they later asked why didnt i stop and i said cuz you always knocked on my car haha...just worry about how the driver seats feels

·
2,451 Posts
Remember, OBS also has less room under the seat for audio.

Mass. is scarce in GMFS's , Liberals drive hondas, The GMFS i saw up there was the one i was riding in.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts