GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title is confusing but I didnt know how else to state it. Many of you will laugh but just a thought. Anyways, I dont really like how my valance looks with the fog lights and plus on the 99-02 nbs fog lights seem so cheap looking and I already had one lense fall out. So I was curious about could you somehow wire your fog light bulb (880) and I would run HID's into say my DRL section of my corners? My DRL's are always off so I have no use for them and I thought maybe it would be somewhat clean if you could possible run the 880 HID's in there.

Now I only use my fogs when im out on the dunes. I figure light output would be possible a problem and it might melt the cheap corners. Its just a thought so I figure I ran into a wall on this one and might as well replace my fogs but I just wanted to check with you all before I dismiss it. Flame away haha :flame::lazer::biggun:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
it will prolley melt the chrome off the reflector cause of how close that area is, plus an HID bulb is much longer then a 3157 so it will prolley hit the lens.

another reason is the DRL gets soem funking amperage and volt drop while they are on and being used. you would HAVE to run a relay harness with them. plus that area is not really ment to firect light. so its going to be like a giant round globe of light in front of you. you will prolley get glare from them haha

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get ya. But no I meant run the 880 bulb and harness into the 3157 and somehow fit it in there. Like I said I only use it on the dunes so I dont need to worry bout adjusting it, but I will leave it to rest. Sounds like more trouble than its worth.

On that thought, the fog lights have that metal reflector inside them. With HID's and the longer bulbs they have, will I need to remove those or will they fit in just fine? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok gotcha. Just an idea. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did it work with your fogs? I was going to order the kit from ddm tuning but not sure if I am going to have to crack them open and remove the reflector piece. Just seems so close. Just wanted to double check on it before I order.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Yeah my fogs but the NNBS fogs don't have a reflector.

PM me if you want it to test fit or whatever.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its alright man, I dont want to bug ya on the test fittin an all. Thank you though I appreciate it. I know people have had HID's in their fogs on NBS but I just wanted to double check it. Ill keep looking around.

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
Be the first to retrofit some projectors into the DRL section of your corner marker housings.

Do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts