GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Drag Racer!
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im thinking about buying an '89 K2500 long bed. It has a new transmission(1-2003) rebuilt different engine(carburated) rancho lift kit, new tires/wheels, new paint etc. The odometer reads 108,000. What info if any can you guys tell me about lifted 89 2500 trucks, and whether 5995 is a good price for it or not. I drove it once and it seemed to drive fine for me. If i had pics id attach them...i know this is piss poor info about it, but its all i can really say right now

·
Registered
601 Posts
The best info I can give you is look around and see what others that are comparable are going for. The carb might cause you some issues depending on emissions/vehicle inspection in your vicinity.

Personally I don't like buying modded trucks(This is just my opinion, I am sure many disagree). You just never know what was done and if it was done right.

·
Drag Racer!
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we dont have emissions testing.....and as for the lift, before i buy it i am going to have a mechanic check it for mechanical reliability, have a suspension/chassis shop check the suspension/chassis for reliability and make sure it wasnt in an accident bad enough to do anything to the chassis, then i will have a driveline shop check all the driveline components, fluids and whatnot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts