GMC Truck Forum banner

9-11 CST or 16 FTS???

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i go with tha CST kit and keep my UCA's and shock hoops and run the bigger kit and leave in my spindles so i can sit at 15" or should i just get the 16" FTS and run all new FTS stuff and run a stock spindle?

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Well you will save some green by getting the CST kit because you already have the spindles, shock hoops etc.. Both are great kits

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol well im sure its gonna be nearly tha same...whenever i do tha kit ima get some stuff chromed at the same time...

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Well throw everything out on the table then to compare the price

My FTS with all options and shocks, everything came to $5200 including shipping

Doesn't that CST kit run.......

Never mind its $5100 for the basic kit, thats fucking expensive shit(the CST kit)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its like 2 grand for tha basic kit...tha kit u saw includes UCA and hoop and probably leafs because u would need it all...but i already have it... i can get tha FTS kit for like a grand but then i need shocks and everything...should be bout tha same...jus deciding on looks and tha size...jus gettin opinions...

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't really like the way the FTS kit looks from the front.

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
Well throw everything out on the table then to compare the price

My FTS with all options and shocks, everything came to $5200 including shipping

Doesn't that CST kit run.......

Never mind its $5100 for the basic kit, thats fucking expensive shit(the CST kit)
are you kidding me? The best deal I found so far is 4500 for a 8" fabtech installed

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Jason.....your back!

Either kit looks good to me. I don't like the FTS ones when they are all powdercoated colors. Just having black like mine doesn't make it stick out that much, just like a big plate there. If cognito made a 16" I would have gotten that. But whatever

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
i know it isnt the greatest, but thats the cheapest way to run 37's for me with out a 6" and cutouts. Canada is fucking expensive

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Why not get the cognito with blocks out back and pro comp shocks, shoudl work to be pretty close if not cheaper. You could ship it to me if ya want and I can send it to you, probably save some more money(I work for UPS)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok well cognito and fabtech r all good but tha comparasion is between CST and FTS...i dont want a spindle lift because i have a aftermarket CST spindle im using...and 3rd coast is not in tha picture...dont like how they look...

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
ok well cognito and fabtech r all good but tha comparasion is between CST and FTS...i dont want a spindle lift because i have a aftermarket CST spindle im using...and 3rd coast is not in tha picture...dont like how they look...
Sorry dude for fuckin' the thread up, that was directed at Kev. I think its up to you just which subframe you like better, both kits will work great

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
You cant go wrong with cognito cst and fts...go personal preferance and money situation.

·
Registered
542 Posts
i say for sure CST only because i have heard great things about them latley. I love how they do thier work and i also hate how the FTS kits stick out like a sore thumb

1 - 20 of 46 Posts