GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the 9.5 fts do you guys know if the front drive shaft needs to be lengthened? With the 8" fabtech I know it doesnt.

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
You MIGHT be able to get by without having to but then again to be on the safe side you might wanna lengthen it.

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much does it usually cost to get it lengthened usually?
This is why I'm also looking at the 8" fabtech to clear 37's, no lengthening required

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
u probably wont...u have a crew cab with a 2 peice drive shaft...u should be ok

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
It costed me 100 bucks to make my front drive shaft longer, dont know if that cheap or exspensive but i thought it was a good deal.

·
Registered
551 Posts
i got a new one with my old 9.5 fts it only 500 dollars

·
Rollin' in the BIG HOG
1,316 Posts
You really should upgrade to a cv front driveshaft, which you should be able to get one for around 400 or with the 9.5" FTS. This will be much better than just lengthening the factory front shaft. Reason is you will have a steeper front shaft angle on the 9.5" FTS kit than you will on the 8" fabtech kit. The FTS kit will drop the front diff a true 9.5" whereas the fabtech will only drop the front diff like 6.5" or so. That extra 3" drop will give you a steeper angle resulting in the need for the cv shaft.

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is there really any difference between lifts?
I wanna run 37's this time around and so far the 8" fabtech seems to be the way to go. I found 4400 installed, gst included, and alignment. I asked them about a cognito and they told me 8,000. Just a little bit much to have tires stick in the fenders I think. I was planning on gettin bushwhackers anyway

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
haha 8" for 37s. fuckin pussy

·
GMFS Señor Member
1,326 Posts
Go with a Fabtech...I'm happy with mine. I'm getting cranked a couple turns tomorrow and aligned. No problems with mine.

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Go with a Fabtech...I'm happy with mine. I'm getting cranked a couple turns tomorrow and aligned. No problems with mine.
If I can clear 37's with no cranking on a 6" TF I think I'm sold. Whataya think aaron? I'll even use stock rims I'm so cheap and broke

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
you can do it but you gotta run 245s or 265s :(

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what? on the tf website it says you can use stock rims, theres nothing wrong with that IMO

·
Rollin' in the BIG HOG
1,316 Posts
is there really any difference between lifts?
I wanna run 37's this time around and so far the 8" fabtech seems to be the way to go. I found 4400 installed, gst included, and alignment. I asked them about a cognito and they told me 8,000. Just a little bit much to have tires stick in the fenders I think. I was planning on gettin bushwhackers anyway
Yes there is differences between all lifts. What is GST by way? Georgia sales tax? You can get a 7-9 cognito kit for not much different than an 8" fabtech kit. Personally, I'm just not a fan of Fabtech because I had a ton of trouble with my 6" Fabtech kit on my old 2000 silverado that I had. And 37s that are 12.50 to 13.50 wide on a 6.5" stock rim is not the best of ideas.

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm almost certian im goin with the fabtech in august.
I just got a call from work to head out today for 10 days, when I get back my new trucks gonna be here :rocking:

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
8k for a lift :insane:

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
8" fabcrap :pow:

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
what? on the tf website it says you can use stock rims, theres nothing wrong with that IMO
you can as long as the tires arent wide. I ran my 285s for allignment and they rubbed the spindle bad

1 - 20 of 26 Posts