GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to purchase a 93 RCSB with a rebuilt 350 in it. I think the rebuilt is stock except maybe a little bit bigger cam. The truck has true dual exhaust on it also. The Hydrocarbons is reading 25 and the accepted level is 21. Any ideas of what might be wrong with the motor. Also the guy is going to replace the spark plugs to see if that is the problem.

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
Does the motor have a chip tuned for the cam?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
lol, you need to post up the rest of the testing numbers man.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing is the owner of the truck did the etest, so he only gave me the number of the hydrocarbons because that was the one thing that failed. I might be going next week to get it etested myself. Without buying it thought, he will be paying for the etest. But I wont buy it without passing an etest. He said this morning he is running something through the gas tank, but I didnt get the name of what it was.

·
Your HID Preferred Vendor
2,595 Posts
gas tank is a great place to find hc at. thats why they sealed the system on the newer trucks. LOTS of things will cause excessive HC to be in the exhaust. If it wont pass IM, its not running right and you'll probably have to take it to get looked at because there are a million things that will cause it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts