GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Knuckle Buster
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to run 93 octane because right now all these hippies have is the 91 octane and i'm running it on 87 tuning....i want to find 93 so i can run higher tuning...anyone know where to get it around the fairfield/vacaville/dixon area?

·
Banned
164 Posts
You won't find 93 in all of Cali.
If you want to run 93, buy some race gas (100 octane) at a 76 station and mix it with 91 to get 93.
It will be expensive though. I did this and it cost me like $60.
Never did that again

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Yeah...there is a problem finding 100 from 76 in cali from what I remember. I think you'd be better off with a nice octane booster but that also is a PITA. My truck loved the 76 100 octane and it did improve when all I could use was the NOS Octane Booster.....I was happy.

Cameron

·
Banned
164 Posts
Physh1 said:
Yeah...there is a problem finding 100 from 76 in cali from what I remember. I think you'd be better off with a nice octane booster but that also is a PITA. My truck loved the 76 100 octane and it did improve when all I could use was the NOS Octane Booster.....I was happy.

Cameron
You have a problem finding 100 octane? I guess. I know only certain 76 stations carry 100 octane. I guess I'm lucky because there's one 2 miles from my house that has 100 and 110 octane I think they have too. But I know for sure they have 100 octane.
You will not find 93 anywhere in Cali though. They just don't have it here. Politics.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
2k1Sierra said:
You have a problem finding 100 octane? I guess. I know only certain 76 stations carry 100 octane. I guess I'm lucky because there's one 2 miles from my house that has 100 and 110 octane I think they have too. But I know for sure they have 100 octane.
You will not find 93 anywhere in Cali though. They just don't have it here. Politics.
I was in the bay area and there was only one 76 at the time that had it and it was like 45 minutes from me...lol. Not to many in the bay area that sold it......

Cameron

·
Banned
164 Posts
That sucks...
I guess the only thing to do is buy a shitload of those octane boosters.
Remember, when it says it boost the octane "1 point" it's really only 1/10th of a point (0.10)
So if you got 87 octane, it will boost it up to 87.1....wow :rolleyes:

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Yeah...it's not nearly as good as I would have hoped but it did help a little on race nights when I'd dump 4-5 bottle into a 1/2 tank.....lol

Cameron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts