GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since i got my 94 k1500 a few years ago ive never figured out how to work the dome light in the ceiling. There is a light with a switch to each side of the middle dome light that work great because they have switches. the middle dome light does not have a switch (to my knowledge- maybe someone can help) But when i open the plastic cover to the middle dome light and put a metal screwdriver from the bulb to a screw next to it in the dome light, the light turns on. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
the switches in the door that turn it on are probably bad im having the same issue in my 94 2wd

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
my drivers side has three wires my pasenger side has two but both switches have three prongs so is this right???????
matt help me out i want a dome light like bad so i can see shit at night

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So they are the black things that stick out on each side of the dash. So when the doors are open the light is activated? So in order to fix my problem i need to disassemble the prong or clean it?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
i tried swapping mine with a extra set still no light
fuse is good bulb is new so wtf???/

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
An extra set from a truck from the same vintage?

It's probably just as dirty as yours!

That's like saying the batteries in my remote died, so I found some more in the bottom of a box in the back of my closet and my TV still won't change channels.

:crazy:

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
true i suppose guess ill clean em both and then see what i get

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
they have prongs on the back side you push in then push towards the out side of the dash

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I cleaned it and my lights under my dash are still working great when the doors are opened but the dome light is still not turning on?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts